Chapter 7: Slip into Something More Comfortable

If there is one thing I know, it's that I have an incredible lack of self-control

If there is one thing I know, it's that I have an incredible lack of self-control. Over what, you may ask? Well, everything. I'll eat an entire tub of cookie dough if it isn't taken away, I can't keep my yap shut when I have an opinion, and I'm terrible at stopping at just one glass of Apple Pie Wine. Apparently, we need to add an inability to control my thoughts around wet, underwear clad, mythological creatures to the list.

Okay, so maybe Mordecai isn't mythological. I mean, the definition of mythological is that it isn't real and here he is, standing right in front of me. I guess he also isn't 'technically' a creature. Or is he? Normal men don't look that good wet. I don't know. Point is, I need to have a talk with myself about keeping my lady boner in check.

"What are you thinking about Love bug? You've been quiet since we started walking, which isn't something I've had the joy of experiencing yet."

Images flash in my mind of Mordecai raising himself out of the stream and running a large hand through his perfectly tousled mass of hair, sparkling droplets of water running down his toned stomach. After we'd gotten out of the water, I'd slipped my red tunic over my head and decided to carry my pants and boots with me. Mordecai had decided to forgo redressing, hence the predicament I'm in now.

"Agni?"

I snap my attention to him and check my mouth for drool. "What do you want Mordecai?"

"Where'd you go to?"

"What do you mean? I'm right here, walking next to you."

"I meant, where did your mind go?"

Well, lord knows I'm not telling him about the private two-person vacation it just went on. I honestly think my thoughts could make Christian Grey blush. "I was wondering why the hell you keep calling me Love-bug."

"You're annoying, like a little fruit bug. Hence, the bug." He clears his throat and scratches the back of his neck. Interesting how he does that, his hair is long enough that it curls at his nape. It looks so soft. I bet it would feel like silk if I just reached out and touched it.

WHAT THE FUCK AGNI. Calm your hormones. Holy guacamole, I need to get laid. Get laid or eat, because I am losing my mind. Probably eat. Getting laid is not a good idea right now seeing as my options are extremely limited. Sometimes I can confuse the two cravings.

I seriously have no idea how I got to this place mentally. I feel like things escalated very quickly.

I thought I was playing a game I could win with my little strip tease, but the longer I'm around a wet and almost naked Mordecai, the more I'm pretty sure I lost that game before it even started. I take a deep breath and try and return my mind to its normal, sarcastic, happy place.

"You think I'm annoying? I think that you're annoying!" Alright, that wasn't my brightest moment and I'm pretty sure a two-year old could have come up with a better comeback than that, and the quirk of his left eyebrow shows me that he thinks the same thing. "Don't look at me like that. Let's just find Tink and Johny Raincloud."