Chapter 20: Learning to Juggle

I'm absolutely exhausted, like pulling 8 all-nighters during finals exhausted

I'm absolutely exhausted, like pulling 8 all-nighters during finals exhausted. I don't think I've fully recovered from the shenanigans of the last few days. It doesn't help that I was up tracking stars until I went cross eyed. When I started falling asleep sitting up, Cai said we should call it quits for the night and I was more than happy to oblige. Whether or not he cared about me getting sleep or wanted it for himself, the world may never know.

Waking up this morning, I was greeted with a bubbly Tink offering me some pre-dethorned berries. Even then, I was wary to try them, but they ended up being the most delicious thing I've ever eaten. Juice coated my tongue and to be honest, it was an orgasmic experience. How long has it been since I've been laid? Too long, much too long.

Now we're packing things up to leave and I'm sitting on a log, not being much help. Trust me, I tried, but I got out voted. Every one, except Alvina who insisted I need to pull my own weight, said I need to take a minute before diving back into everything. Cai said he wants to have fighting lessons later, so he'd rather me preserve my strength for that.

When he's not looking, I decide to study his face. Obviously, just because I'm bored and have nothing better to do. The dark circles around his eyes haven't completely disappeared, but he doesn't look akin to a raccoon, so that's an improvement. I don't know how he doesn't look hideous with those bags. If I had them I'd look fucking ancient, but no, of course, he just has to pull them off. I'd never admit that out loud though. 

His brown hair is perfectly tousled and that just pisses me off because we don't even have a brush. My hair is an absolute ratchet mess. I've attempted to run my fingers through it to de-tangle it, but I just ripped out a chunk of hair. I hope that I can keep that hat off as long as possible, because if I add hat hair to this atrocity, I think birds will have a new place to take up home.

The stubble on his chin makes him look rugged and accentuates his strong, angular jaw. His muscles bulge as he lifts the bags and secures them to the saddle. If his shirt was off, I bet his abs would be-

"Agni, you have a little drool on your face."

I quickly turn to glare at Alvina as I check my mouth with the back of my hand. Lying bitch. I turn back to look at Cai, wondering if he heard, and the small smirk on his face is the only answer I need. I bet I'll pay for this later.

"Come on Love-bug, time to go."

Of course it had been determined that I would ride with Cai again today. Tink said she's trying to give her wings a rest and no matter how many times I chanted 'I do believe in fairies' there was no Peter Pan power up action going on. I must admit, I was kind of disappointed.

"I'm doing it myself this time."

He stares at me for a minute before nodding his head once. "Fine. But, I'm staying here in case you fall off."