Chapter 25: Lose Your Arm

Cai makes eye contact with me, and I can't tell who will be the first to break it

Cai makes eye contact with me, and I can't tell who will be the first to break it. I can see the fight in his eyes as his chest heaves, but I'm not going to be the one to look away.

This must've been the reason he had those dark circles around his eyes.

"Who's Ana?"

He clears his throat. "I'm tired Agni, I'm not talking about this right now."

"It's not like you were sleeping well anyway. Who's Ana?"

"Someone that I love and would do anything for."

"That's cryptic-"

"That's all I'm going to say. I'm going to try and get some sleep, you should too."

"But-"

"Goodnight, Agni."

With that, he lays down and turns his back to me. It's hard to tell if he's really sleeping, or just ignoring me. Regardless, I can't keep bugging him without waking up Tink, who's sleeping on my other side.

Why won't he tell me who she is? What's he hiding? Why's he waking up, screaming some girl's name? Does it have anything to do with the prophecy he won't tell us? 

Does anyone else want in on this little exam I'm giving myself, because I don't know any of the answers.

There's one thing that's very clear, there's a woman in Cai's life that he doesn't want me to know about, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

"Good morning, love

"Good morning, love. It's time to get up." I yawn and stretch my arms to the sound of Madoc's voice. "I need to check your arm." When I sit up, he gets on his knees next to me. His hand reaches out to move my shirt and when it touches my skin he gasps. "Mel, come here!"

"What's wrong, Doc?" I laugh. "Are you going to amputate my arm or something?"

Tink is suddenly by my side.

"Mel, feel her skin."

"Doc, I'm right here! Can I be included in this conversation about my, apparently, abnormal skin?" I'm feeling a little sketched out after my last fever ridden experience here. So, the whole 'Gasp! Ah, Agni's skin feels like it's made of scales' thing freaks me out.