Chapter 1:

I wake in a cold sweat, my chest is so tight it feels like I'm being constricted by a snake. My breathing seems to be shallow and heavy. I can't take these nightmares anymore, they are starting to drive me absolutely nuts. From there I decide to not sit in bed any longer and walk to my kitchen from some water.

The room is completely dark with the exception of the moon shining through my floor to ceiling windows. In all honesty this place isn't really my taste. I was given this place by a close friend so I could hide from Hydra. Why she picked a place mostly made of windows is beyond me, maybe it was to hide in plain sight? I don't know.

The bright light from the fridge cascades over me like the light from heaven above. Although I do admit the light hurts my eyes but I still search the fridge intently for some water. The sudden sound of a chair slightly squeezing against the cool tile floor catches my attention. Someone is in here, I know it.

Chills run down my spine as I slowly peek over my shoulder to see those ocean blue eyes. I know those eyes, how could I ever forget them. Slamming the fridge shut I make a run for it. The cold metal of his arm grips my waist as he tackles me to the ground. The impact is hard and painful but I don't give him the satisfaction in already catching me.

I feel the electrical currents flow through my veins and pulse through my fingers as the make contact with his bare skin. He grunts in pain and releases me. I quickly get up and start to run away. My touch seems to wear off on him as he follows. I spin around and face him head on. "You think I'm afraid of you?!"I shout at him.

His black face mask covers most of his face, only allowing for his eyes to show. I feel my eyes start glowing their bright blue as my electric currents pulse through my entire body now. He just stands there and watches me through his long strands of hair. "Why are you here?!"I shout. Silence. I can feel the currents jump between my fingers. He takes a step closer to me making me shoot a lightning bolt past him as a warning. He seems to understand it and stops.

"You know me."I tell him, still holding my ground. Slowly he walks towards me but I make him stop by shooting lightning down in front of him.

"Bucky! Stop it's me!" He tilts his head in curiosity at my words. "It's me, you know me Bucky. Look at me."I say softly. Bucky looks me up and down for just a moment before charging at me. My hand shoots in front of me as my fingers sway and dance, playing with the electrical currents in his brain.

He groans at the pain I'm causing him. I keep going in attempts to make him remember. He drops to his knees as I continue playing with his mind. Seeing the pain in his eyes makes me stop what I'm doing. There is no way in hell I will become the monster they made me to be. He remains on his knees clutching his head due to the immense pain he must be feeling. It's most likely one hell of a headache.

Slowly I approach him, making sure he doesn't try anything. He looks at me in pain, my body still ready to strike if need be. I kneel down in front of him and look him dead in the eye. "I know what happened to you Bucky. You know me." His eyes leave mine do to the pain but I gently touch his face and lift it to look at me. "We were stuck with hydra together remember. It's me, Sapphire."

Something in his eyes seems to light up when he hears my name. My currents have faded at this point so I'm back to normal. He doesn't say anything so I slowly reach to take off his mask. That metal arm of his apparently has other plans as he grips my wrists tightly. He pulls me so I slightly fall into him, making my hand press against his chest. He looks shocked as he peers down at our sudden contact. "Relax Buck I'm not going to hurt you, see?"

Those eyes meet mine again and I pull my hand away in defense. That arm releases my wrist slowly. Both arms go up in defense as I show him I won't harm him. I could never hurt Bucky, he kept me sane while Hydra tortured me. You have electricity shot into your brain, veins, and heart, then tell me how you would feel.

Once again I reach for his mask and this time he doesn't pull away. Stubble coats his upper lip, chin and jaw line as I pull the mask away. "Come on Buck it's me."I nearly whisper. My eyes search his for some sort of sign. "Blue?"he questions. I smile at the nick name he gave me. "Yes, that's right."

It's like something inside his brain clicked and he remembered me. "We were best friends while we were in Hydra? You were only 17 at the time." "Thats right Bucky." He just smiles and basically pulls me into him, his arms wrapping tightly around my waist. My arms naturally wrap around his neck as I burry my face into the crook of his neck. Tears prick at my eyes as emotions fill me knowing I have my friend back.