Chapter 8:

"So you like cats?"asks some guy that was flying around us earlier. Apparently he is with Captain America. I continue to just remain silent as they banter back and fourth amongst themselves. My mind just trying to piece together what all happened and why. This can't be Hydra because Captain America wouldn't be here right now. But the question remains, who is blaming Bucky for the bombing?

There is no way it was him because he was with me. The van suddenly  stops making me slide and the leash strain, choking me. I move back giving it some slack and coughing harshly. "Hey are you okay?"asks Cap. He seems concerned about my well being surprisingly. He's probably just acting that way because he obviously cares about Bucky and I was with him so that means he has to watch out for me too. I just nod my head before they open the doors and pull me out.

The man pulls me harshly in attempts to make me walk faster. This time I decide to fight back, pulling just as hard as he is. It hurts my neck, leg and back but I don't care. There is no way I'm going easily. I'm like a wild horse being forced into a coral for the first time. The man struggles to control me but still some how forces me along.

My eyes suddenly catch movement off to the right, they are transporting the cage Bucky is being kept in. He looks so...so... I can't even explain how he looks, he's just mixed with all sorts of emotions. I'm sure anger, worry, and sadness are the main three. "Keep moving."demands the man. I refuse, I stand totally still as I watch Bucky. His blue eyes fixed on mine. "I said move it!" There is a sudden sharp yet burning pain in my leg as the man kicks my wound.

I hiss in pain as I crumble to my knees. Everyone around us seems to notice the cruelty but doesn't say anything. "Hey!"yells Steve and the other man, I'm assuming that Falcon because he had wings. Guards stop them from getting to me. "Do I have to say it again?"angrily questions the man as he pulls the leash, making my face get closer to his. His ass is lucky that I can't zap him because my blood is boiling and I'm on high voltage.

"Officer there is no need for that."snaps a feminine voice. I look beyond the man to see a young blond woman, maybe a few years older than me, standing behind him.

"She's just a mutant, no better than a dog."The Officer snaps back. "She is still a person just like you and I, so if I see you abusing her again your job will be served up to me on a sliver plater. Got it?"she says folding her arms over her chest. "Yes ma'am."he cowers. "Great, now take her to the medical room to get those wounds patched." The man nods as he helps me up. I give a simple nod of gratitude to the blond and she smiles back.

I'm led to this white room with a single window looking out to the hall. The room smells sterile and clean. In all honesty it makes me feel anxious and scared.

I'm shoved into this foreign room, the rooms are solid white and the room reeks of chemicals. How many people have been in here? How many people have died here? My mind races as they close the door and chain my hands to the wall. I scan the room for some sort of resource to help me escape, some way to get out.

The door swings opens revealing a stern looking Bucky Barns. His eyes avoid mine as he steps in. It's then I see what he holds in his hand. A man in a white lab coat follows him inside, clipboard and pen in hand. "Sargent Barns I want you to take this cattle prod and use it against her. Don't stop until told so." It's then Bucky's eyes meet mine.

My eyes narrowing at the man in the coat. I pull against my restraints as hard as I can but to no avail. "I'm sorry."Bucky whispers under his breath. I continue fighting until I feel the high voltage course through my body. I scream bloody murder at the intense pain. He pulls away and repeats his actions.

I'm in so much pain I don't even notice they are injecting me with more blue liquid. Sparks shoot between my fingers as they continue. "Stop."demands the man in the coat. Bucky pulls away from me, taking a step back. His head hangs low knowing he caused me pain. Sparks still shooting between my fingers, making the man step closer. "Remarkable."he smiles.

My thoughts are broken when someone walks into the room. "So I hear you got some pretty bad injuries."says the woman dressed in smocks. The door remains slightly open allowing me to see the room across the hall. There sits Bucky in some sort of box.

My eyes glance back to the nurse as she finishes wrapping my leg. "Now this may hurt but it will kill any infection you have in these wounds. She ties the wrap and I feel this stinging sensation, making me squirm as she moves to my back. Thankfully she needs to remove my jacket so that means no cuffs.

I rub my wrist do to the irritation as she finishes. The burning and stinging no longer phasing me as I watch a man walk into the room across the hall, Bucky's room. "Now I'll be back with an agent to escort you to your cell."says the nurse.

My eyes close I try to relax until I hear shouting. My eyes fly open to see Bucky struggling against his restraints as the man reads from some sort of book. I know that book all to well. That's not good. I need to do something and something fast. Leaping off the table I pull against the damn chain that binds me to the table.

I swear to god I hate being treated like a dog. Suddenly I hear a loud crashing sound as Bucky breaks out of not only the bullet proof box but his cell, the man no where to be seen. "Shit!" I pull harder and harder hoping I'm making some sort of dent.

Finally the damn thing snaps allowing me to run from the room after my best friend. The power going out around me, only flashing red lights brighten the hall. I catch up just in time to see Bucky punch Cap through the closed elevator doors. This really isn't good.