Chapter 20:

~Bucky's POV~

      Steve and I make our way to the hanger when suddenly one of Vision's beams cuts through the tower next door. Red beams of light hold up the tower so we can get in the hanger. Steve and I don't stop, only glancing back to see what's happening. Wanda holds up the tower while Blue messes with Vision's head. "Wanda can't hold it forever so I suggest you guys move a little faster!"yells Blue. Her glowing eyes focused on us as we begin to run even faster.

     The sound of her screams fill my ears making me stop dead in my tracks. The man they call War Machine uses these sound waves against her and Wanda. I watch as she drops to the ground holding her head as she screams. Wanda still continues to hold the tower as best she can but she's not going to last much longer. I'm about to run back to Blue when there is this pull on my arm making me turn and run again. We make it to the hanger just as the tower crashes.

As soon as we turn around we are faced with the red headed Black Widow. "You're not gonna stop.." "You know I can't."says Steve. "Ugh I'm going to regret this." She looks past Steve and I, shooting some electrical thing off her bracelet at the Panther like man behind us. He groans in pain as little electric bolts shoot into him. "Go."she demands as she looks between the two of us.

Steve and I do as she says and run into the plain. We take off just as we see the massive Scott fall and my sweet Blue still laying on the ground. I wish I didn't have to leave her behind god I really wish I didn't have to. "What do you think Stark will do to them?" "Honestly?" I look to him and nod." "He's probably going to throw them in prison."

The two of us remain silent for a little while as Steve continues to fly the plain. My thoughts flying around inside my head as I think of Blue being stuck in another cell. "I don't know if I'm worth all this Steve."I say suddenly. He slowly looks over his shoulders towards me and says "What you did all those years, it wasn't you. You didn't have a choice." "And look where that got me Steve, I helped split up the Avengers, I got Blue thrown in prison. She's locked in a cell once again because of me."

"Buck she did this for you, she volunteered to stay behind to help us." "She won't be able to handle it Steve. Hydra has hurt her so deeply that she won't be able to handle it, she'll break." He doesn't say anything for a minute, only letting the silence settle between us. "I think you're underestimating her strength."he says softly, as if some part of him knew I was right and just didn't want to tell me.

       "Awful things happened to us in there. Not only was she tortured but they just took everything from her and threw her in a cell."
"What do you mean Buck?" Now it's my turn to remain silent, not knowing if I should tell him or not. "Well for starters she was forced to watch them torture me, they took away her food and let her starve, and oh yeah they murder her little brother right in front of her."

       He presses a button making the plain fly on its own. "They thought she was a delinquent but she was actually being a parent."I sigh. "Blue and her brother were in the foster care system. Their parents would beat them and let their children beat them, steal their things, you name it they did it. Eventually blue had enough and packed a bag for her brother and her. She grabbed him and they snuck out the window. From there she would steal what they needed and did illegal things in order to provide for him. Hydra made me take her away from him. One day she tried to escape so the found her brother..."

      Steve just looks at me in bewilderment. "When she wasn't being tortured she was dying in that cell. Now Stark just through her in another for god knows how long." He just looks down at his hands and remains silent. "Steve, I need you to get her out of there." My eyes finally drift to his, "no matter what happens here today I want you to promise me that you will save Blue." "I promise." With that he consumes me in a brotherly hug just as we are about to land in Siberia's powdery snow.

      My heart pounds as we step inside. The cold stone crumbling but still sturdy enough to support the weight. Closing my eyes I can still hear the screams echoing through these halls. I can hear the sounds our feet made as we tried to escape. I can still hear her screaming for me when she was attacked by that soldier. "Bucky!" My eyes fly open realizing it wasn't her voice but Steve's wanting me to move forward.

      I didn't even notice that I hadn't moved, probably because I was frozen with fear. The last time I was here was when my orders were to track her down and kill her.

        She looks oddly familiar, almost if I have seen her from a dream. I don't know her name or anything. All I know is she is my mission and I must complete my mission. I shift slightly in my chair as I watch her rummage through the fridge. She seems to notice the small sound the chair made against the floor, slowly peaking over her shoulder at me then bolts.

        I quickly leap from my chair and tackle her to the ground. I suddenly feel this painful electric sensation course through my body. Grunting do to the pain I release her. She runs from me but her power wears off on me a lot quicker than she thought. I'm about to grab her again and pull the trigger when she suddenly spins around. "You think I'm afraid of you?!"

She never was afraid of me.

Her eyes glow this bright blue as she holds a hand up in defense. "Why are you here?!" These blue and white colored sparks jump between her fingers. I remain silent. My eyes peer at her through my hair as I try to figure out who she was. Why does she seem so familiar to me?

"You know me." I know but how do I know you? I don't even know your name? She shoots a lightning bolt down just in front of me, making me come to a halt. "Bucky stop! Stop its me! It's me,You know me Bucky. Look at me." I watch as her hand dances around, a blue light following between her fingers. My head starts to pound like someone is shooting me multiple times.

      I groan at the pain as I crumble to my knees. She keeps telling me I know her but I don't understand how. The pain continues when it just suddenly disappears and I slowly start to understand. Listening to her gently voice and the words she speaks I understand exactly who she is. "Blue?"

     This smile spreads across her face as she holds me. I remember her and our friendship, even the way I felt about her from years ago. She did it! Blue bright back my memory!

    "Buck we got to keep moving." I hesitantly nod and continue to follow Steve. Blue's voice continues playing in my voice but I don't mind. Hearing her voice right now is what is keeping me from being afraid. It's making me move forward and it's what kept me alive.