Chapter 29:

~Bucky's POV~

        "Blue?" I stand there in complete and total shock. "I'll just leave you two alone to catch up on things."Shuri says softly before walking away, spacing herself out from Blue. My eyes drift from her to the ground and then back to her, absolutely clueless on what to say. "What are you doing here?"I ask, excitement and sorrow filling my voice. "Haven't you heard some dude is looking for the infinity stones, Stark and others are gone." I give a simple nod and continue to look at her.

"Two years..."she says softly. "Excuse me?" "I have been looking for you for two years and you have been here this whole time."

Her tone of voice is something completely different than anything I have ever heard before. "You know what, whatever..". She spins on her heels and starts to walk off in the tall grass. Suddenly she just stops and turns to me. "Tell me this Bucky, why didn't you come back? Why did you just leave me there?" "I thought if I didn't come back it would be the best way to protect you."

    "Protect me?! From what Buck?!" "Zemo was abled to get inside my head back at that police station, he's just a normal guy, so if he can do it anyone can. I figured leaving would be the best option. They were abled to help me so no one can get inside my head anymore. I figured it was the best way to keep you safe Blue." "No don't you dare say all of this was to protect me! If you wanted to protect me then you should have stayed because when I needed ur protection you weren't there!" I just look at her unsure of what to say.

"If you wanted to protect me then you wouldn't have left me after all those times you promised me that you wouldn't!"she chokes. Tears gently slide down her cheeks while her blue eyes start to look like crystal clear glass. Everything inside me just seems to shatter especially because I did this, I hurt her.

"I had everything taken away from me because of Hydra except you. Bucky you were the one good thing that came out of that hell hole. Apparently though you didn't feel the same so I wasn't good enough to keep around be you had to "protect me." "Blue you were always good enough, god there was never a point where you weren't good enough. I always have cared about you, from the moment I met you I knew you were someone special."

Her hands gently wipe away the tears that are now rapidly falling down her face. "I was so special that you had sex with me then left?" I look from her down towards my feet. With a heavy sigh I say "I didn't want to leave you Blue." She sniffles as her arms wrap themselves across her chest. My eyes begin to drift, drinking in her appearance like she was a glass of water and I was in the Sahara. I catch a glimpse of the scars on her side? Just barely covered but what little clothing she has on.

"What's that from?"I ask her softly while slowly approaching her. I'm just about to reach out for her but she shoves my hand away. "It's from keeping Ta'challa from kicking your ass on that rooftop two years ago." She looks down to her trembling arms for a moment before she speaks again. "You know something, part of me wishes that they could still get inside your head and wipe your memory clean."

Shock washes over me at her words. I know she doesn't mean them but still it does sting a little. "Because then you wouldn't remember me, and maybe just maybe this wouldn't be so damn painful!" Blue can't hold back her sobs any longer as she just lets them out. "I spent so much time looking for you Bucky because I love you! I have always loved you even when we were stuck in that place together. I would have done anything for you. They poked, prodded, and turned me, and I never gave up for you."

"You shouldn't have let them turn you Blue. If you really didn't want this then you should have fought back!" "I let them turn me because then they couldn't hurt you!" She stops and just looks at me. Her breathing ragged and heavy. I watch carefully as she stumbles just slightly. "You were the only thing I had left in this world Bucky, and even then you were taken from me too."she sniffles. I didn't just hurt her or break her.....I completely shattered her. Tears reach the brim of my eyes but I refuse to cry.

"And What sucks most about this whole situation....after two years and all this pain I still am completely in love with you." Just as I'm about to speak she turns and is about to walk away, until she collapses. "Blue!" My arm is able to catch her before she hits the ground and some how I manage to throw her over my shoulder. I don't know how long she has been out here and it doesn't look like she has any water, this sun can be deadly especially now at this time of day. Gently I take her inside and lay her down on my bed. With that I sit by the edge of her bed for a little and just try to think. God I really messed up.