Chapter 28:

After tossing and turning all night I decide to just give up and go for a run. I check the clock to see it's 5 in the morning and the sun hasn't even started to rise yet. With a deep and tired sigh I climb out of bed and start to change. Throwing my hair in a ponytail I give myself a quick once over in the mirror.

I'm thankful that my band on my black leggings covers the scar on my side from Ta'challa's nails. Unfortunately my sports bra doesn't cover the scar on my shoulder. With that I somehow manage to find my way out of this huge place and get outside.

The sky is this beautiful shade of dark blue while the birds chirp. I take in a breath of fresh air and start on my way. The tall grass licking my legs with their wet dewy tongues and the cool air blowing against me. This place truly is a beautiful place, animals of all shapes and colors appear unamused by my presents.

This shimmer or gleam catches my eye as I pass by this mountain. My curiosity gets the best of me so I begin to push myself to the top. My chest feels tight as I begin to breath heavily while nearing the top. The gleaming thing gets closer and closer until I'm eventually almost on top of it. Standing before me is a giant black panther statue. I stand beneath it and admire its glory. With that I take a deep breath since I can finally breath again and continue to look around. The whole city of Wakanda shimmers beneath me, leaving me breathless, once again. After a while of just sitting and taking in the glorious view I decide to get up and head back.

      Looking up I see the sky has turned all sorts of different colors, different shades of blues and pinks. If I could live here I totally would but then again Romania will always be my home, not because of Bucky but because there is nothing left for me anywhere else. My brother is dead and I have no other family that wanted me in America, so there is no reason for me to stay there. While Wakanda is beautiful it just doesn't feel the same.

The sun beams off this small lake as I make my way back. It's then I notice movement outside the small shack, it's not like the movement of sheep but something bigger. Shrugging it off I continue running along the banks of the lakes. Music blasting in my ears as my eyes try to remain forward but more movement catches my eye. I turn to look and see Shuri now standing with a bunch of children around the the hut. It's then I see the tall long hair figure. Just then my foot catches a rock or something and I come crashing to the ground.

I lay on the ground breathless, sore, and in disbelief. No, there is no way that is him. Ta'challa hated him, why the hell would he be here? That's it I have to investigate this. Slowly I get to my feet and brush myself off before jogging over to some trees to help cover myself.

After a few minutes of just sitting back and watching the long haired figure appears. My jaw drops at the sight in front of me. There he stands, perfectly fine with the exception that his metal arm is missing. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest while it completely shatters at the same time.

No, no, no, this can't be him! I have to be mistaken, why the hell would he be here?! Ta'challa would never allow this, he would have killed him the first chance he got. Hell these scars on my body are from Ta'challa trying to kill him. I just have to get a closer look.

Shari's voice proceeds to get slightly louder  the closer I get to them. It's then I can hear both of their voices crystal clear and everything inside me just crumbles. I'm taken back to that night Steve released us. I'm back to the night where he told me Buck wasn't coming back. I remember exactly how I felt that night because I'm feeling it again now.

       I take cover behind the hut before they can see me as my hands grip at my chest. My breath has grown short and rapid as I can feel the heat of my tears entering my eyes. No, no I will not cry! I can't cry, I won't allow it! I won't let myself cry over him, not again....not anymore. With a hard swallow I continue to listen from behind his hut.

"How are you feeling?"asks Shuri. "Good. Thank you." "Come, there is much more for you to learn."she responds. Anger just bubbles up inside me and I just snap. "Looks like you have been doing better than good." Their heads snap in my direction. His eyes were wide while his lips slightly parted, almost as if he was in total shock. "Blue?"