Chapter 21:

~Blue's POV~

       I jolt awake only to find myself in complete darkness, alone. The dream felt so real, I thought Bucky was right by my side but when I woke up it was just me. God I haven't even been here that long and I'm already loosing my mind, the effects of Hydras tortures still evident.

Normally Buck would be here to wake me up and just hold me in attempts to comfort me. Not in here, no in here I'm alone with my thoughts. Granted the rest of Cap's team is in here with me but they mostly stay quiet and keep to themselves, leaving me to spiral into madness.

I admit I miss him. I miss him a lot actually. Bucky was always by my side while we were stuck in Hydra and remained by my side when I brought him back to reality. No matter how scared he was to hold me or hug me, because he was afraid his metal arm would crush me, he still did it. Just being in his embrace made me feel comfortable and safe.

That man changed my life when I met him, and I'm not talking about the hard ass Winter Soldier. I mean the real him, he taught me how to fight and try to survive. Bucky Barns made me stronger as a person. Suddenly lights fill the room making me close my eyes do to the sudden shock.

I listen as footsteps make their way through the room. "You gotta watch your back with this guy, theres a chance he's gonna break it!"snaps Clint as he pounds on his cell. I swiftly get to my feet and towards the front of my cell. "You got a lot of nerve showing up here Stark."I say coldly. "Yeah I'm shaking in my boots."

He just slowly moves from my cell to Sam's next door. "How's Rhodes?" "They are flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow so fingers crossed." "You're lucky he's even breathing right now because of me!"I yell at him. He just gives me a death glare, almost like I'm some child he is about to scold.

"You can glare angrily all you want Stark, I'm not intimidated by you. You don't scare me." He rolls his eyes and continues talking with Sam. I have given up at this point and lay back down on my cot, my heart still aching for my soldier. "I'm just the guy that needs to know where Steve went." "Don't tell him Sam, please don't tell him."I mentally plead.

"Well you better start being bad cop because you're going to have to go Mark Fuhrman on my ass in order to get information out of me."argues Sam. Thank god. I roll to my side and face the wall, clutching the necklace Buck gave me and drowning out their bickering.

After a while I hear Starks footsteps leave the room. "Sam please tell me you didn't tell him."I say, my eyes remaining closed. "I had to Blue. It's the only way to help them, both of them."

~Bucky's POV~

      I point my gun towards the area where the sudden clanking sound comes from. Steve blocks the two of us with his shield but still gives me enough room to fire if need be. "Ready?"he asks softly. "Yeah." We watch as the big medal doors get pulled apart revealing the familiar red and gold suited Tony Stark.

       "You seem a little defensive."he says as he looks between the two of us. My gun remains raised, I don't trust this one bit. "It's been a long day."responds Steve. "At ease soldier I'm not currently after you." I don't relax, I just continue to watch him carefully. "Then why are you here?" "Maybe your story's not so crazy. Ross has no idea I'm here, I'd like to keep it that way, otherwise I got to arrest myself."

      "Well that sounds like a lot of paper work."jokes Steve. God sometimes I wish he wouldn't joke around especially at a time where the man who hates me most is standing in front of us. Stark just chuckles almost light heartedly. "It's good to see you Tony." "You too Cap. Ugh your killing me, there's a truce here. You can drop..." Steve just motions for me to lower my weapon. I hesitantly listen to him.

      "How's Blue?"I finally ask him. "Who's blue?"he asks back. "Voltage."Steve and I say now together. "She's fine. She misses you I can tell you that much." Tony's voice is quiet as he says it. I try to hold back my anger knowing that she is not fine in there.

      After a few minutes of walking in silence we find ourselves in this god awful room where the bastards had all their fun with us. I remember everything that happened in this room too vividly. Suddenly lights flicker on revealing the dead bodies of the other soldiers, the ones like me. "If it's any consolation they died in their sleep."says that evil voice.

     Baron Zemo, the Man framing me for all those murders, he made me attack my friends and my girlfriend. "Did you really think I wanted more of you?" "What the hell."I say as my hands tightly grip my gun. "I'm great full for them though, they brought you here." A light turns on showing his face in its dimness. Tony fires one of his hand gun things at the glass while Steve throws his shield. I don't even bother, I know that room is a safe room. It won't break no matter how hard they try.

     "Please Captain, the Soviets built this chamber to with stand the launch blast of UR100 rockets." "I'm betting I could beat that."says Tony. "Oh I'm sure you could Mr Stark. Given time but then you will never know why you came." "You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here."chimes Steve.

      I remain silent, my nerves and guilt ripping me apart internally while the rest of my body remains tense. My mind tries to go back to the day Steve broke in to our apartment, and how when she ran her hands down my body I relaxed. "I've thought about nothing else for over a year."Zemo suddenly adds. "I've studied you, I've followed you. But now that you're standing here I just realized there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes." He just chuckles as Steve stairs him down.

     "How nice to find a flaw." "You're Slovakian Is that what this is about?" "Stokovia was a fail state long before you blew it to hell. No, I'm here because I made a promise." "You lost someone."says Steve. " I lost everyone, and so will you."