Dinner Time

(Dean Ambrose P.O.V)

"Dean, what are you wearing?" Roman asked me. "What do you mean? I'm wearing what I normally wear." "Stephanie told us specifically to dress down in our best. You're wearing a leather jacket and jeans." Seth said. "But I am. This is my favorite leather jacket and these jeans aren't ripped. Therefore, I am dressed down in my best." I retorted. "She meant dressed in a suit, Dean." Guys, I've tried to tell him. There's no point in arguing with him now. It's too late." Renee said. "I don't see the point in getting dressed up in a suit to eat dinner. I'd rather be comfortable in this than uncomfortable in that." I said refusing to give in to changing my clothes. I was already forced to be here when I didn't want to be. Now, I wasn't gonna be forced to wear what I didn't want to wear.

"Hey, where's your plus one?" "What do you mean? I'm single." Seth said. "Not you, idiot, talkin' to the Big Dog." "Huh?" "Where's your plus one at? Galina?" "Oh, she's home with the kids. Told her about the dinner but she didn't want to come. We're kinda going through a rough patch right now. She's upset that I'm never home anymore." Roman explained to us. Couldn't help but feel bad for him. Not only him, but his wife too. Life on the road meant you never got the chance to be home. You missed birthdays, holidays, or days where you just wished to be home to relax. Which is what I'd rather be doing right now than being here at a stupid dinner. "It'll get better, brotha'." I patted him on the back. Wasn't any good at words of encouragement, but that's what Seth was for. "Exactly. She'll come around, Ro."

"Thanks, guys. Since we're on the topic of women, when are you gonna ask Miss Paige out?" Roman asked Seth with a smirk. "He hasn't got the balls!" I laughed. "Will you guys quit it with that!" "No, because we know you're in love with her. You've longed for her since the day you met her back in FCW." Roman said. "Awe, it goes back that far?! Woah, Seth! Why haven't you asked her out yet?!" Renee cheered and Seth shushed her. "Like I said, he hasn't got the balls to ask her out!" I repeated with a laugh again. "I'm not in love with her!" "He is. Watch this..." I said as I looked around the room for a quick second, "Hey Nikki! Brie! Come here for a sec..." I called out to the Bella Twins, who came over and joined in on the conversation. "Okay, answer me this. Who's Seth in love with?" I asked them. "Paige. Everybody knows that." Brie said. "Yeah, everybody except for Paige herself." Nikki mentioned before taking a sip from her red wine. It was true. Seth has been not so secretly in love with Paige since we were all in developmental years ago. Yeah, it's been THAT fuckin' long and she still has no idea.

"Whatever, I'm not asking her out!" Seth said to all of us. "Why not?" Nikki asked. "After the hectic year she's had and now that she's out of that toxic relationship with Del Rio, I just know she's vulnerable right now." "True, true." Brie said. "I'd rather give her some time to herself than to immediately ask her out while she's in her vulnerable state." Seth explained to us. He did have a point. We wouldn't pressure him into asking her out, we just wanted him to before it was too late. Then he would blow his own chances with her. Again. "That's sweet, Seth. I understand that and it's very respectful of you to put her feelings first." Renee said to him and he nodded his head. "Thank you, Renee." "But still, at some point you do need to ask her out because she moves on rather quickly!" She said. "Told ya'!" I laughed.

After mingling around the huge dinner table, everyone eventually found their names and sat down in the seats we were assigned to. "Steph told us we had to be here in the dining room by 8pm. Where is she?" Natalya questioned. "I don't know, but they need to hurry up. I'm starvin'." R-Truth said. "Same Truth, same." Kevin said as he messed around with his dinner fork. As if not on cue, Stephanie, Shane, and Triple H had all walked into the room and stood at the head of the table by what I assumed to be Mr. McMahon's chair. "FINALLY!" I shouted. "Settle down, Ambrose." Steph glared at me. "Glad you all know how to follow such simple instructions." Hunter said. "We're glad you all could make it to the dinner in honor of none other than Vince McMahon." "Against our wills." I mumbled and Punk laughed from across the table, getting the attention of Hunter.