Split Up

(Seth Rollins P.O.V)

Alexa Bliss was here.

The lights went out.

They came back on.

Alexa Bliss was gone.

Where'd she go? What happened to her? Is she really the murderer? I had no idea. But once Renee had yelled out that she was gone, all of us instantly ran out from the secret office. I wasn't sure if we were running for our lives or running after Alexa. Though, when the lights went out seconds ago, I did hear the sound of someone's feet running away. Was it her? Who knows? Maybe we'd find out once we were out of this room and back up to the main floor. We made back there and took a look around, only in the center of the whole manor. Alexa was nowhere to be found.

"Damn, we lost her!" Punk shouted. "Well as long as there's a murderer on the loose, none of us are safe!" Sasha yelled. "Alright, we need to split up and search the entire mansion." Roman stated as Kevin stepped up. "Hey! I'm the one who's in charge! I should be the one saying that!" Kevin butted in. "Alright, we need to split up and search the entire mansion." Kevin repeated Roman's exact words as everyone glared at Kevin. "We want Roman to be the leader!" Nikki Bella said. "Not you, Kevin. You've caused more than enough chaos already!" Brie Bella agreed, as well as most of the roster. "Not fair! I think we should have a vote!" Kevin shouted at them. "Alright look, we'll have a quick vote to settle this!" I shouted as I stood between both Roman and Kevin. "All in favor for Roman to be the leader, raise your hand!" I shouted and everyone just about raised their hands. "Okay. Now all in favor for Kevin to be the leader, raise your hand." Kevin looked around the room with his own hand raised to see that no one wanted him to be the leader. "Screw you guys."

"Alright. It's settled. Roman is the leader. Take the floor, Big Dog." I patted Roman on his back before he stood in front of the whole crowd. "Okay. So like I said, we need to split up." Roman explained as he placed everyone is small groups. "Teams will stick together. The Usos, the Bar, New Day, IIconics, Riott Squad, Naomi and Asuka, Sasha and Bayley, Revival, and so on and so forth." He said. "For those of you without a team, stick to the partner that's given to you. CM Punk and AJ Lee, Nia and Ember Moon, Finn Balor can team with the Club, Charlotte can go along with A.J. Styles and his wife, Becky and Sami Zayn, and..." he paused as he took a look around at everyone, then looked at me. "Uh... Seth and Paige, you guys can be a team." He said to us and my eyes widened. "WHAT?! I thought teams stick together! What about the Shield?!" I questioned him. "Don't worry. Dean and I will stick together, with Renee too. You and Paige will be fine." He grinned at me. "It's okay, Seth! I don't bite... sometimes." Paige joked with me as she stood by my side. Oh boy...

"Okay. So that's everyone. Now listen, stay with your partner at ALL times! I've given each team a specific room to search. If you find nothing, come back to the main floor. That's right here for those who don't know. If you see Alexa, do NOT lose sight of her." Roman said as everyone stood by their assigned partners. "Alright, let's do this!" And with that, each team left the main area to go and check the room that Roman had assigned them to. Unfortunately, the room me and Paige got was the attic. I wasn't sure why Roman paired me up with her but when I gave it some thought, I came to the realization. He knew that I had, well have feelings for Paige. He clearly paired me with her on purpose, just to give me some alone time with her. When we get out of this house, Roman was never gonna hear the end of this from me. If we get out...

After heading upstairs, Paige and I awkwardly walked down the long hallway, in search of the door that lead to the attic. It was quiet and I didn't know if I should start a conversation with her or not. We were given a task to do and I didn't want to be distracted. Of all people, Paige was my partner though, the biggest distraction in the whole house. To avoid not looking at her, I just kept glancing up at the ceiling. Trying my best to forget she was there, until she spoke up. "Look, I know you didn't want to be partners with me. You don't have to act like I'm not here though. Am I that bad to you?" She asked me and I immediately gave her all my attention. "No, no, no it's not that at all. You're not bad, I mean you are bad. But bad in a good way! I mean..." I tried to explain but I kept tripping over my own words. How did she manage to make me so weak in the knees?

"Look... I just don't wanna get distracted. That's all." "I'm a distraction to you, Seth?" "Yes, but no... not in a bad way, it's just you... you're... you're physically a distraction to me." I admitted. "That's all I'll say." "Physically? As in my presence? If that's the case, I could just leave and go team with Absolution." Paige said as she turned to walk the other way but I grabbed her arm, stopping her in her tracks. "No, please. Just... just stay with me. We need to stay together. Your presence isn't a distraction to me. I love having you around and I'm thrilled to be your partner, it's just that... whenever I'm around you, I just get this feeling and... I never know what to say... like right now..." I said to her as her brown eyes stared back at mine. Our faces were just inches apart from each other's and I wanted to just kiss her right then and there. Maybe that could speak for me?

As I leaned in a little closer, I couldn't help but notice something familiar hanging from the ceiling a few feet behind her. "Hey, hey... there's the attic!" I said walking pass Paige as I saw the string hanging from the ceiling. She kept quiet but followed behind me as I reached up and carefully pulled the string. Once I did, the door had opened and the ladder that lead up to the attic had fell down. Paige and I looked at each other before staring at the dark room up top. I took a deep breath before getting ready to climb up the ladder. Paige grabbed my arm, stopping me from going up. "I don't think you should go up there, Seth." "I have to. If I don't check, we could end up getting killed later on." "If you go up there, that doesn't stop us from possibly getting killed right now." She said, having a clear point. But I had to assure her that we would be just fine, though I wasn't too sure.

"Paige, we're gonna be fine. If not me, then you will definitely be fine because I'm not gonna let anything or anyone hurt you. I can promise you that. I'll protect you with my life, if I have to. If I end up losing my life because of it, then just know that... I love you." I said to her. I couldn't believe that I could say that to her without tripping over my words. I meant every word I said though. If she didn't know before, then she definitely knew now. I held her hand in mine before letting go and grabbing ahold of the ladder again. "Stay right here." I told her as I climbed up the ladder, making it up to the top.

I took a look around the dark room before climbing all the way inside. The only source of light that was coming in came from the moonlight, shining through the window. I had to admit, I was pretty scared but I had to put on a brave face and check the whole area. "Hello?" I called out, but got no answer. "Anybody up here?" I called out again but still got no answer. I looked around the whole attic, but didn't see a thing. Just as I turned around to leave, I quickly jumped up in fear when I saw Paige standing behind me.

"Holy shit! You scared me!" I yelled out as she covered her mouth. "Sorry, Seth! I didn't mean to scare you." She told me as I glared at her. "I told you to stay there by the ladder. What are you doing up here?" "We're supposed to stick together! Remember? And... you were taking too long, so I had to come up and check on you." She explained. "Oh..." "I also wanted to do this..." she paused before taking a step closer to me and looking deep into my eyes. She placed her hands on both my cheeks before crashing her lips onto mine. I instantly kissed her back. Our lips locked together like they were magnets. It felt so right. I never wanted this feeling I felt inside to go away. I never wanted the kiss to end... but we had to breathe. Paige pulled away from the deep kiss as smiles would form onto both of our lips. The worst night of my life suddenly became the best night.

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YESSS! SAIGE! 😭😍

FINALLY! I'm so happy for them!

Cute chapter, but don't let it distract you... there's still a killer on the loose!

What will happen next? 👀

Stay tuned!

Votes/Comments = 💚👻💚

Byeee!