Chapter 2

After what seemed like forever, we finally arrived at the avengers tower, Fury and I got out of the car, went inside the tower and we got into an elevator. This place was huge and bustling with shield agents, my anxiety was getting the best of me but I knew I couldn't show any weakness, I had to be strong.

The elevator dinged and he stepped out, with me shortly following after. I straightened my back and held my head up high to look as confident as I could pretend to be, out of the corner of my eyes I saw all the avengers sitting together at a table, all staring at me, Iron man, Black widow, Scarlett Witch, Hawkeye, Vision, The guy who turns into Hulk and Captain America. I was kind of disappointed to see that Thor wasn't there , he seemed really interesting. As I kept following fury I noticed another man sitting next to Captain America, he had long brown hair down to his shoulders, he looked lost, and he... had a metal arm?

By this time they had all looked away from me and continued on with there conversations, except the man with the Metal arm, he didn't take his eyes of me until I had left the room. Fury lead me into an empty meeting room, he sat down at the long table, and pointed to the chair across him for me to sit. He then looked at me with a serious face.

"So what do you want"
I asked, with a hint of sarcasm.

"I want..."
he paused

"I want you to join the avengers"

"WHAT"
I shouted, standing up but then quickly sitting down again.

"You want me? Me! To join the AVENGERS?!" I whispered loudly trying to stop myself from passing out.

Fury didn't even seem effected by my reaction. Answering with a simple

"Yes"

My face turned dull, i was completely serious now.

"I- I don't know... being a superhero isn't really my thing... running away from hydra trying to capture me is my thing"

"That is why you should join the avengers, help them defeat hydra so you don't have to run away. I have seen you use your powers, you could be a real asset to the team"

"Hmm"
I hummed, still in shock

"And of course you wouldn't start going on missions straight away, you will just be training until you are ready to fight"

"Uhhh"

"Oh and did I mention you'll be able to stay in the avengers tower instead of living on the streets?"

"Okay I'm in"

"Great, now I think you should meet the rest of the avengers"

Now I was nervous, I was about to meet earths mightiest hero's, I was about to become one. As i followed Fury out to the room all the avengers were in, I mumbled to myself

"oh god, what have I gotten myself into"

I walked into the room that they were all in and once again, all eyes were on me, as I did before, i tried my best to look confident. But it was hard, this was terrifying. But weirdly the only eyes I really noticed were the ones belonging to the man with the metal arm.

"Everyone, this is Y/N, the newest avenger"

Everyone gasped at the same time and my face went bright pink. 10 seconds passed before someone said something

"I'm sorry, what?"
Tony Stark AKA Iron Man asked, finally breaking the silence

"You heard me. Y/N is an avenger in training"
Fury said loudly.

"What makes her so special"
Tony says in a sarcastic voice.

Not even a second later Nick Hands Tony a folder filled with my details, Tony's face screwed up after reading about my powers

"she can shoot blasts out of her hands, so what"

"Her powers could be really helpful"

"So you just picked her up from an alley after you watched her kill 3 hydra agents? How do you know we can trust her"

Fury and Tony went on for a couple more minutes. I was hearing all of it, which was embarrassing because they were talking about me, everyone else stayed silent while The 2 men were bickering, it's almost like they were use to it.

A/N - I know it's boring right now I'm sorry but it'll get more interesting soon hehe.
Word count - 712