Chapter 17

DAY 3
I turned to my side and checked the time 3AM. Why was I awake so early? My head was pounding as usual. I looked over to Bucky, he had his head facing towards the wall, i knew he wasn't asleep but i hoped he wouldn't notice that I was awake. I figured I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep now, so I tried to get up, but a sudden surge of pain rushed down my body.

"Ow"
I whimpered rubbing my leg.

I started walking out of the room but every time I took a step my legs got a rush of pain. By the time I got to the kitchen the pain had died down to an ache across my body. Sleep was impossible yet I felt so tired. I was sure I had giant bags under my eyes. I made myself a coffee to hopefully wake myself up more. I sat down at the kitchen island and sipped at my coffee. The sound of footsteps made me turn my head. Bucky walked over to me confused.

"Y/n? What are you doing up?"

I looked up at him and chuckled.
"I could ask you the same question"

he looked at me sadly.
"You know the answer to that question"

my smile faded and I sighed.

"So tell me... why are you up?"

I shrugged
"couldn't sleep"

"that makes two of us"
Bucky sighed.

I smiled sadly, I hate not being able to make him feel better. Bucky sat down next to me and took a sip of my coffee.

"Hey!"

He chuckled and gave the warm mug back to me. Just the weight of the mug was enough to make my arm ache so quickly put it down and rubbed it to try and soothe the pain. Bucky noticed and looked at me confused, he scanned over my features and only now seemed to notice how tired I looked, noticing the bags under my eyes and how my head was drooping as if it was exhausting to just hold it up, which was true. His face softened but also held the look of concern. His blue eyes met mine and lingered, my eyes gave away how tired I was. Bucky was about to say something but before he could, I gave him a look telling him not to press on it. He stopped and retreated to looking down at the countertop.

"Well I'm going to go have a shower, see ya"
I slowly got up from the stool to try and keep the pain at bay, I gave Bucky a warm smile and walked away before Bucky could say anything else.

The warm water hit my sensitive body, temporarily soothing my pain. I stayed in there for 10 minutes before I finally got out. I put on a grey oversized hoodie and some black leggings. I didn't want to go back to Bucky after that awkward scene so I decided to find something else to do. I groggily walked down to Tonys lab, I enjoyed watching him work on his projects, and I was sure he'd be awake, and hopefully Bruce would be there too so I could tell him about the symptom of today.

I walked into the lab and sure enough Tony was there working on all his little gadgets, I looked around and luckily Bruce was in the room too.

Tony looked up from his work.
"To what do I owe the pleasure?"

I walked over and sat at a bench.
"Couldn't sleep"

Tony nodded his head and continued his work. Bruce walked over to me. Silently asking me what was happening today.

"My whole body aches"

Bruce nodded in acknowledgment.

"I couldn't even hold a coffee mug for more than 10 seconds"
I lightly chuckled forcing a smile.

Knowing I didn't actually find this funny, Bruce put a hand on my shoulder sadly and walked back over to his spot on the other side of the room. Tony looked up at me sadly and I gave him a tired smile.