Chapter 4

I woke up feeling exhausted, I couldn't sleep last night, barely fitting in 2 hours. I had bags under my eyes and my hair was a mess but I didn't care at this point. I walked out to the kitchen to get a drink of water because I never ended up getting one last night and my throat was super dry. I walked in to see Steve holding a cup of coffee. He looked up and smiled.

"Morning Y/N"

I said nothing back as I grabbed a bottle of water and started walking back to my room.

"Are you okay"
Steve asked, clear confusion in his voice as to why I wasn't saying anything back.

I just simply shrugged as I walked out of sight. I closed the bedroom door and turned around, but right in front of me was Bucky, worry washed over his face as he stared into my lost and tired eyes.

"What's wrong?"
He asked, this was the first time I heard actual emotion in his voice.
Once again I just shrugged as I walked to my bed and laid down, just staring at the ceiling,

"Y/N?"

I stayed silent
I saw his face shift as he thought of some sort of plan

"Let's make a deal then"

I turned my head to look at him, waiting for his next words

"I'll tell you everything that happened to me if you tell me everything that happened to you"

I turned my head back to looking at the ceiling, deciding whether or not I should agree, I was really interested in what has happened to him, because by the way everyone talks about it, it must be pretty bad

"Fine"

Bucky lied down on his bed and started explaining, everything, in full detail. I just stayed silent listening closely to every word he said, making sure not to miss any little detail. And jeez has this man been through a lot. Once he was done, I looked over to him. He looked confused as to why he just explained his whole life and every emotion he has ever felt to a girl he met yesterday, he's never told anyone the full story, not even Steve, but something told him he could trust you.

"So... your turn"
He looked over to me with a reassuring smile on his face

"O-okay"
I took a deep breath and started right from the beginning

"So... I was about 4 weeks old when I got my first sign of having powers, every so often I would have little blue sparks come from my fingers, as I got older they grew stronger. When I was 3 years old, the first full ball of energy shot out of my hand, I broke the tv" I giggled as I thought of the memory "my parents never understood why or how I had powers but they kept it a secret to everyone, knowing if people found out, I would be in danger"
I quickly looked over to bucky to see if he was still listening, and sure enough he was staring right at me, looking very interested
"When I was seven my parents, uh... died. I didn't go to anyone because I was scared of accidentally revealing my powers, so I just looked after myself. About a year later hydra kidnapped me, I was only 8 at the time so I couldn't really defend myself and I didn't know how to use my powers very well yet. They took me back to a hydra facility and trained me to be able to use my powers properly, 6 months went by of constant training, it was horrible, if I didn't do exactly what they said I would get beat up and starved. After 1 year of this, I was finally comfortable with using my powers, so I used them to break out of hydra, when I got back to where I use to live, the place I had been staying was gone, so I started living on the streets. Ever since then every couple of weeks hydra would track me down and try to kidnap me, so I always had to keep my guard up and always be ready to fight. No matter how tired or hungry I was. I always had to be strong, I had no time to be sad, so I pushed all my emotions deep down and ignored them."

I took a deep breath as a single tear slid down my cheek. I sat up and looked over to bucky, he stood and and walked over to my bed, sitting down next to me.

The only thing he said was a cold
"How did your parents die"

I stayed silent for a few seconds trying to decide if i should trust him with this secret or not,
If he had trusted me by telling me everything about his life then he must be trustworthy himself.

I took another deep breath
"Promise you won't freak out?"

"I promise"

"And promise you won't tell anyone"

"I promise that too"

"Bucky... I killed my parents"

A/N - 😉
Word count - 854