Chapter 14

Everyone took their seats as the Quinjet took off. I buried my face into my hands.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, I wasn't nervous about the fact that this was my first proper mission as an avenger, in fact, I didn't even care about that at all. What I was worried about, was Bucky, what if we don't get there in time. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned my head to see Wanda, looking at me sympathetically, by the look on her face I could tell she read my mind.

"He is going to be okay"

I nodded my head sadly, even though those words didn't make me feel any better. I rested my head on Wanda's shoulder and Wanda wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I closed my eyes, trying to shut all the thoughts out.

After what felt like forever we finally arrived to the hydra base.

"Y/n can you hack into the hydra agents GPS so we can figure out how many agents we are up against"

"on it Tony"

I opened up my computer and started typing away while everyone else got their weapons ready. Less then 2 minutes later I was in.

"That's strange"
I squinted at my computer.

"What is?"
Clint asked as everyone walked over to me.

"There is less than half the amount of agents in this base then what there usually is"

I pointed to the computer screen that had little moving red dots that symbolised the hydra agents.

"Maybe they didn't think anyone would be able to find them?"
Wanda suggested.

"I know hydra... they aren't that stupid"
I frowned

"well I guess we'll find out while we're in there, lets go"
Tony said as he snapped his suit helmet over his head.

At that moment the doors to the quinjet opened and we all ran out. A couple groups of hydra agents ran up too us, i had no time to test if Starks gloves actually let me use my powers with them on so i just shot and hoped for the best. Luckily they worked and a couple agents got hit. The others took care of the rest. Since there were so little agents we got through them easily and arrived just outside the base. Natasha looked over to me.

"Are there any security measures Y/n?"

"Other than hydra agents and a few sensors, no"

"this seems way to easy"
Clint said as he shot another arrow at a hydra agent.

"We have no other choice"
I replied.

We all ran into the base, Killing any hydra agent that got in our way. Having been trapped in this base for a while i had memorised where every place is located.

"The cells are this way, Steve and Bucky will most likely be there"
I shouted as i ran down the corridor, the others following shortly behind.

We soon came along corridor filled with reinforced metal doors.

"Here they are"
a chill ran down my spine as the memories flooded in, of being in these cells, being starved, tortured, and forced to do horrible things.

I focused back onto my main priority, Finding Bucky. Everyone split up and picked doors to bust open. I busted open my second door when i saw a body, sitting in the corner. It was Steve. He had many cuts and bruises on his face and his hands and feet were tied together. I turned on my earpiece.

"I found Steve, cell 6" I ran over to Steve and knelt on my knees.

"Y/n?"
Steve asked, almost as if he thought he was seeing things.

"Yeah its me, don't worry"
I reassured him.

I took a knife out of my ankle pocket and started cutting away at the ropes on Steve's wrists and ankles. Just as i cut off the rope on Steve's ankles everyone rushed in.  Natasha and Clint helped Steve up and began taking him back to the quinjet, while Me, Tony and Wanda continued our search.

Three minutes later i could hear Wanda's voice in the earpiece.

"I found Barnes, and there's company. Cell 14"

as soon as i heard those words i ran as fast as my feet could take me. Arriving at the cell seconds after Tony, Clint and Natasha had also come back in to help. I looked inside the glass window in the door to see Bucky, tied to a chair, and another Hydra agent standing in front of him, holding a book, with a star on the front of it. I wasted no second as I blasted down the door, i then used my mist to take control of the agent, forcing him to smash his head on the floor until he passed out. Bucky thrashed around in his chair, visibly anxious.

"Maybe i should get Steve-"

"i think Y/n should do it"
Wanda cut Clint off.

I looked at her confused and she greeted me with a warm smile. I walked into the room cautiously and stood in front of Bucky, he hadn't looked up yet and was still thrashing around. I nervously blasted off what was tying him to the chair and Bucky instantly shot up. He was about to attack me. I put my hands out in front of me.

"Hey hey hey, its me, It's me, its Y/n, its okay.... you're okay"

I looked up at Bucky with pleading eyes. His face softened. Suddenly he pulled me into a deep kiss, I wrapped my arms around his neck and he rested his hand on my waist. In that moment, everything else in the world disappeared. My Bucky was back with me. We parted and leant our foreheads together.

"I missed you"
Bucky whispered.

"I missed you too"
I whispered back.

"You both owe me ten bucks"

I turned around to see Tony pointing at Natasha and Clint. We all laughed.

After everyone was on the quinjet, we took off back to the tower. Both Steve and Bucky only had minor injuries so they would be fine physically. Bucky hadn't spoken a word since he got out of that base. He had his head down and wouldn't make eye contact with anyone. Something didn't seem right.

A/N - I apologise if this is horrible its currently 2 AM and I just wrote most of this right now.
Word count - 1046