Chapter 18

"What do you mean?!"
Steves voice boomed through the intercom.

"I got stabbed in the leg... can't get up"

"Y/n stay where you are one of us will come get you"

"its not like I can get anywhere else anyway"

•BUCKY POV•
My heart stopped at the sound of Y/ns voice, she was stuck in there, the bombs were already set to go off. I couldn't help but think about all the possible dangers she could be or get in. Steves voice brought me back to reality.

"The bombs are set to go off in 4 minutes, we have to get her out of there ASAP"

"I will do it"
I cut in, ready to save my girlfriend at any costs.

"No tin man, I have my suit on it will be easier for me to get her"

"what? No I am going to-"

Steve placed a hand on my shoulder.
"Tonys right, he is faster, the longer you argue the less time we have to save her, let Tony do it"

I sighed and nodded my head, Y/n actually getting saved is more important then who saves her. Steve looked over to Tony and as soon as Tony got clarification his helmet clicked on and he shot into the base. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead. Steve better be right about this.

•Y/N POV•
A hydra agent ran up to me and tried to attack me but before they could hold up their gun, I raised my hand and shot out a bright blue blast, I hadn't used my powers since I started getting weaker and I wish I had not used them now, everything around me went dizzy and I felt light headed, I tried to ignore it. by this time my leg just felt numb, thick red blood was still gushing out of the wound. Time seemed to slow down. Where were they.

Suddenly something blasted into the room. Tony. His helmet came off and he walked over to me.

"Heard someone needed a bit of help"

I chuckled, but soon stopped when the pain of my wound returned. I clenched my leg and scrunched up my face.

Tony went quiet.
"Okay, lets get you out of here"
he picked me up bridal style and blasted off.

The force and speed we were going added extra pain to my leg, I groaned in agony.

"We are almost out don't worry"

I weakly nodded my head.

After what felt like hours, which was actually seconds, we flew out the base and over to the quinjet. Tony slowly put me down on the table in the quinjet. In an instant Bucky was by my side.

"We have to get out of here now! The bombs are going to go off any second now"

The quinjet took off and sure enough, 5 seconds after we sped off the base blew up into smithereens. Now the focus was on me, everyone surrounded me worriedly.

"We need to stop the bleeding as much as we can until we can get Y/n proper medical attention"
Steve ordered.

Natasha nodded, grabbed a piece of cloth and tied it around my wound.

"That should slow it"
she smiled.

I gave a weak smile back.

Wanda crouched down to my level.
"I'm so glad you are okay"

she squeezed my arm and walked over to a seat a couple meters away, as did everyone else. Except Bucky. Like Wanda he crouched down to my level. I looked over to him. He had tears in his eyes.

"What the hell was that?"

I turned my head to the ceiling.
"I made a mistake"

Bucky grabbed a hold of my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"You scared me"
a single tear slid down his cheek.

"Sorry"

"please just, don't do that to me ever again, you nearly died."

"I can't make any promises"

Bucky plopped his butt on the floor and leant his head on the side of the table, my hand still in his.

guilt rises to my brain. I wanted to tell Bucky so bad. I wanted to tell him that I was already dying, and if Bruce doesn't figure out how to help me then in less then two days I will die. I wanted to tell him that if I died today, all that it would've done is speed up the process of what's to come. I wanted to tell him that I am terrified, tell him that I feel hopeless, and that I might of escaped deaths grip this time, but I might not be so lucky next time. But I couldn't, Bucky can't know about any of this, and it was killing me, literally.

Time passed and we finally got back to the tower, I was rushed to the professionals, I got treated and got some stitches. Not that any of this bothered me, i have felt it all before, but still, Bucky was there by my side the whole time.

After it was all done Steve snuck up to the door and mouthed that we needed to have a meeting. Obviously being quiet about it because Bucky couldn't know.

"Hey buck..."
I whispered.

Bucky turned over to look at me
"yeah?"

"why don't you go up to our bedroom, I will meet you up there soon"

"are you sure you don't need any help with-"

"Bucky, its not that serious, all I needed were stitches, I'm fine"
I chuckled.

"Okay..."
he walked out of the room.

I grabbed the crutches that I insisted on not using, the doctor didn't want any chances on me breaking my stitches when I walk. I slowly made my way up to the meeting room. I walked in a stood beside Wanda.

Steve stood up and looked at me.
"Y/n, your banned from missions until Bruce can fix you"

I looked up at him shocked.
"Why?! I am perfectly fine!"
I shouted.

Natasha also stood up.
"you nearly died today, you aren't strong enough for missions right now, your life is to much at risk"

I sighed, they were right, the reason I got stabbed in the first place is because I was too weak, and I'm still getting weaker, I can't keep going.

"What am i going to tell Bucky?"

"Lucky for you, you got stabbed in the leg today, I think you have a good enough excuse for now"
Clint added.

I chuckled and sadly nodded my head.
Wanda squeezed my hand and I smiled down at her. Steve walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Y/n... but its for the best"

"I know"
I gave him a small smile and walked out the room and walked to my bedroom.

As I was walking I realised how bad the rest of my body hurt, even while i was using crutches it still hurt like hell, I guess getting stabbed temporarily took my mind off all of my other pains.

I walked in and sat on the bed, next to Bucky. I rested my head on his shoulder and shakily sighed. Bucky rapped his arms around me and pulled my into his chest, he rested his head on the top of mine.

"You alright doll?"

I small tear fell down my cheek, luckily Bucky didn't notice. I looked up at him and faked a smile.

"Yeah, I'm alright"

A/N - So Y/n isn't aloud on missions anymore. it's getting pretty close to the end of the line for Y/n... will she be saved in time? Or will it be too late? I feel like this fanfic is so bad and I apologise. Also how did y'all like the switch of POV's in this chapter? It will happen again in 1 or 2 future chapters.
Word count - 1238