Chapter 20

*warning* profanity
(only like 1 word lol)

DAY 5
I ran towards the bathroom as the burning sensation rushed up my throat, I knelt down to the toilet just as the puke left my body. Knuckles turning white because of how hard I was clenching onto the toilet bowl. Plopping onto the cold tile floor with a groan, I wiped my mouth and pulled the loose strands of hair out of my face.

"This is great"
I thought to myself, this was the third time in the past 2 hours.

I looked up at the fancy white clock in the bathroom. 4AM. Bruce would be awake by now. I slowly and painfully pulled myself up from the ground and began my walk out of my room towards Bruce's lab. Being as careful as I can to not wake Bucky from his very light slumber. I walked into the lab, to of course see Bruce very intently typing on his computer, most likely working on how to fix me. I hate saying that, I hate that I'm so fragile and vulnerable. It feels like I'm on some kind of pressure plate bomb, and any wrong move could set it off and kill me. Bruce's looked up from his computer and smiled, he looked me up and down, giving a full assessment on my health and his smile faded, turning in to one with concern. He gave me a look indicating that he wanted to know the symptom of the day. I sat down on the chair across from him and slid my hands down my face.

"Vomiting"

I sighed Bruce tapped a pen on his mouth and looked up at me curiously

"how often?"

"3 times in the past 2 hours"

Bruce took out his clipboard and wrote a few things down. I tapped my finger on the table awaiting his answer.

"Y/n... this might be the last of your symptoms before your body completely shuts down and you-"

Bruce didn't finish his sentence before continuing on to the next.

"I'm almost done the research, hopefully we can begin the procedure soon"

my once drowsy and depressed face lit up at those words.

"How soon?"
I asked.

"If we are lucky, tomorrow"

I breathed I sigh of relief. This nightmare will be over soon.

I stayed down in Bruce's lab for 2 more hours while he explained all the information he had on this mysterious chip inside my body. I found it interesting yet discomforting knowing how dangerous it is. All though those 2 hours were mostly filled with Bruce's voice, there was the occasional run to the bathroom to puke, which was very unpleasant. I trudged back towards my room. Steve saw me and walked over.

"Hey Y/n, how are you feeling?"

I looked up at him with annoyance.

"I'm currently dying... so yeah I feel fucking amazing"

Steve's face turned to a mix of shock and guilt. I sighed as I developed a sense of reality. 

"I'm sorry Steve... you were just trying to be nice. It's just, I have been puking all morning and its not the best feeling"

"I get it"
he gave me a warm but sympathetic smile and walked off.

I continued my walk up to my room, but as soon as my foot stepped into the room I could feel that it was about to happen again I repeated the protocol that I have learned over the several times this has happened this morning. But with one tiny difference. The voice of Bucky made me internally scream.

"Y/n? Are you okay?"

No I'm not okay, I cant stop vomiting, my head and body aches and I could die any day now.

"Yeah um, I'm fine, just a little sick"

I say wiping my face.

"I'm coming in"
Bucky says as he opens the door and looks down at me, sitting on the floor nervously staring back at him, only now seeming to notice how tired I look.

He sighs and holds out a hand for me to grab. I grab It and he easily pulls me up and into his arms. Bucky leads me to the bed and plops me down. He stares at me studying my face, trying to piece together something, anything. I sit there nervously, picking at my fingernails, knowing he is about to ask questions. But before Bucky can get a word out, Steve walks in the room.

"Hey um, Bucky... can I talk to you uh... outside"

Bucky gives a confused look and walks out of the room. I mouth a silent
"Thankyou"
as Steve follows closely behind him.
As soon as the 2 super soldier left the room I ran to the bathroom again, doing the usual, fingers starting to hurt from holding onto to the toilet bowl so tight. Once again I plopped onto the cold tile floor and sat there until a familiar voice filled the air.

"Need company?"
I looked up to see Tony standing at the bathroom door.

"Wanda is on a mission with Clint and Nat, so I thought I would be your bestie"
I chuckled and shrugged.

Tony walked in and sat down next to me.

"So... do you want to... gossip"

I let out a loud snort and shook my head.

"What? I thought that's what you people do?"

I chuckled

"I'm pretty sure you gossip more then us"

Tony looked at me offended.

"Anyway, Bruce told me about how he could be fixing you tomorrow"
I nodded in agreement.

"Aren't you relieved?"
I shrugged.

I didn't want to get my hopes up right now, I didn't want to be disappointed, not that I would be alive long enough to be disappointed.

"I trust banner, I am certain you are going to be okay"

Tony's voice didn't sound like the usual sassy, rude and sarcastic tony it usually was. This one was sincere. He opened his arms wide and I fell into them, the hug was short and sweet but it still made me feel slightly better.

"I better go check on how well Capsicle is detaining Tin man"

I chuckled and nodded my head as Tony got up and walked out of the room. Not even 2 minutes later Steve walked in. He came over to me and held out his hand, much like Bucky he easily pulled me up to my feet.

"What's up?"
I asked.

"I'm trying to convince Bucky to come on a "boys day out" with me"
he held up his fingers like quotation marks.

"It's just so we have an excuse to get him out, just so its easier for you"

"thanks Steve"

"There's one thing"

"what?"

"You have to convince him"

"I'll try"

"I will send him him"

Steve walked out of the room and shortly Bucky walked in. He sat down on the bed and got straight to the point.

"I know what you're going to say and I'm not going, I don't want to"

"come on Bucky you need to go outside, and you haven't spent a lot of time with Steve for a while besides missions"

"I'm not going" Bucky crossed his arms and pouted like a 4 year old.

"Why not?"

"You're sick, I cant just leave you"

I looked up at him and my heart softened.

"Buck... I will be fine, its just a little bug"
well more like chip that's slowly and painfully killing me.

"Go, you need this, if you cant go for yourself... go for me, please"

Bucky looked me in the eyes and sighed.
"Fine"

A/N - Sorry if it's a bit messed up I wrote this while i was super tired and edited when I was half asleep and kept zoning out😂 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS AHHHH
Word count - 1245