Chapter 23 {FINAL CHAPTER}

BUCKY POV
We were all sitting on the couch. Anxiously waiting for an update. I couldn't think straight, all that was going through my head was Y/n, I couldn't stand the thought of living without her. The way she laughs. How she scrunches up her nose when she is annoyed. How her warm, cute smile brightens up my day. How happy she gets when a mission went smoothly. The mischievous smirk she gets when she proves someone wrong. How she always knows how to make me feel better. The way she puts everyone before herself. Even if she is literally dying. I wouldn't be able to go on without her.

It felt like years before Bruce walked out of the room with a tired look on his face, we all shot up out of our seats and walked over to him.

"How did it go?..."
Clint asked cautiously.

Bruce looked at as with a small smile.
"It was successful"

I breathed a sigh of relief. She was okay. It felt like a heap of weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"Can we see her?"
I asked.

Bruce shook his head.
"She hasn't woken up yet, no one except me is aloud in until she wakes up, I will let you know when that happens"

I sat back down on the couch and began another wait. But with a lot less worry, Y/n was okay and that was all that mattered.

Y/N POV
I woke up to a bright light being flashed in my eyes, after a couple seconds of my eyes readjusting to the light I realised I was in one of the hospital beds in the tower. I felt a small pain down near my stomach. I reached my hand and felt for the source of the pain. Brushing my hand over a few stitches that I didn't  know I had, the pain slightly increased. I winced and pulled my hand away. I lifted my head up and looked around the room, realising bruce was standing at a desk on the other side typing something in to the computer.

"Bruce?"

He turned around and a wide grin formed on his face as he walked over to the bed. 
"you're awake!"

"What happened?"
I asked as a rubbed my eyes.

"You fainted due to the affects of the. Chip, so I had to quickly perform the surgery"

"did you get it out?"

Bruce nodded and walked over to the desk he was at, he grabbed something and returned. He held the chip up to my face as I examined it, although I knew the chip was in my body, I had never actually seen what it looked like.

"Where is everyone else?"
I asked, just now realising no one else was here.

"They're all waiting outside, I wouldn't let anyone in until you were awake, want me to send them all in?"

I nodded my head and Bruce walked out. I slowly sat up in the bed and awaiting the arrival of my friends. No more then 2 minutes later everyone was in the room, well except for Bucky, I didn't know where he was. Everyone told me how worried they were and how glad they are that I am okay and told me about some things but I wasn't listening, I was too concerned about Bucky, where was he? Is he so mad that I lied to him that he doesn't even want to see me? Will he ever forgive me?

After a while everyone left the room, I thought it was so that I could rest, but someone came in after they all left. Bucky came and sat down next to me on the bed with a sad look in his eyes.

"I'm guessing they told you"
I said.

"Yeah"

I looked up at him with guilt.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you"

Bucky placed his hand on mine.
"No, I should of noticed... but, why didn't you tell me?"

"Well I mean.. you were already dealing with your own problems, I didn't want to bother you with mine, and I didn't want you to think it was your fault that this happened"

"well it kind of is my fault"

"no its not!"
I said angrily.

"I was stupid not to know that this was their plan, none of this is your fault Bucky, its all on me"

Bucky sighed.

"Just please, promise me you wont ever lie about something like this again, I don't care if I'm wrapped up in my own problems, you need to tell me"

"I promise"

Bucky looked me in the eyes and cracked a little grin.
"I'm so glad you're okay"

I smiled back at him.
"Me too"

Bucky leaned in and smashed his lips onto mine, our movements melting into one. I smiled through the kiss,  It had been so long since I could enjoy something as simple as a this.

Steve suggested that we all went out to dinner to celebrate, and that's what we did. The dinner was filled with many laughs and smiles.  In a life like mine, there is always going to be problems, risking our lives is just what we do, this lifestyle is dangerous and sometimes unbearable, but for this short moment, everything felt perfect.

A/N - that's it, this is the last chapter, this fanfic is officially done. wow, I can't believe I have written 23 chapters, honestly I didn't think i would last that long lmao. Anyway, I will be taking 3-4 weeks off to work on the plans of my next fanfic (mr starks daughter) the plot of that fanfic is up already so go check it out! I hoped you guys liked this fanfic.

*this is an edit* i just want to thank you guys for 5k reads, it really means the world to me to know that so many people are reading my fanfic, i know this story is a bit cringe at time and quite poorly written, but i aim to try and write better in my next fanfic:)
Word count - 882