Chapter 5

"You what!?"
Bucky loudly whispered, shock written all over his face

"It wasn't on purpose I swear!"
I reassured and Bucky nodded his head as a sign to explain.

"It was just a normal day, I-I was practicing my powers and I accidentally shot a burst of power and... my parents were in the room and it hit them... and they died..."
my eyes started to tear up. I looked up at Bucky who was staring back at me with a sad look.

"I killed my parents Bucky... I-I killed them, it's all my f-fault" I choked on my words as the tears started rolling down.

"I'm dangerous"

Bucky looked at me and simply replied with
"so am I"

then suddenly I felt two strong arms engulf me in a hug, Bucky had his head resting on the top of mine as I cried into his chest. We sat there in that same position for 10 minutes until I stopped crying and had calmed down, Bucky released the hug and looked at me again, his hand still lightly resting on my shoulder

"Y/N... it's not your fault, you didn't know how to use your powers and it was a complete accident, don't blame it on yourself, trust me when I say I know how it feels to want to blame yourself over something you had no control over"
he gave me a sad smile and I returned it

"Thankyou Bucky"

"No problem doll, Do you want to come to the kitchen with me to have some breakfast?"

I nodded my head slowly and followed him out to the kitchen, he poured two bowls of cereal and handed one to me, we sat down at the countertop and had small talk for a couple minutes before Tony walked into the room.

"Ahhh Y/N, just the person I wanted to see"
I rolled my eyes

"That's surprising"

"Bruce wants to run some tests on you, to see the potential of your powers"

I choked on my cereal as I looked over to Bucky with a concerned look on my face, him doing the same.

"I don't think that's a good idea"

"Sure it is, now hurry up and come down to the lab, Barnes you can come watch if you want"
Tony said as he put his hand up and down again.

I followed Tony to the lab with Bucky slowly trailing behind. When we got there I saw banner standing near the door with a white lab coat on and a clipboard and pen in his hands. As we walked in he started walking next to Tony as they talked, they stopped next to a glass looking room and turned their attention too me.

"Y/N, if you don't mind, could you please step into this?"
Bruce calmly asked as he pointed to the glass room.

I lightly nodded as I cautiously walked in, the door shut behind me and automatically locked. I turned to look at Bucky and he gave me a sympathetic but reassuring smile. Bruce then walked right up to the glass.

"Okay Y/N metal beams are going to move towards you and all you have to do is shoot at them, this will help us see how strong your powers are. But as soon as you shoot at one you will have to duck down so you don't get hit, alright?"

"Okay"
I nodded as I turned around to face the beams.

"Starting in 3..... 2..... 1....."

As soon as he finished one of the beams started moving, I shot at it with my powers and ducked down like Bruce said. watching the beam go over my head, onto the ceiling and back to where it originally started as the second beam did the same. I kept doing this for about 20 seconds until I heard Tony's voice

"She is not even that strong Bruce, I just don't understand why the hell I have to let her stay here, she useless"

I turned to face Tony, I clenched my fists so hard my nails dug into my palms, this man was really starting to get on my nerves. I completely forgot about what I was doing. The last thing I heard was Bucky screaming my name as the beam smashed into my head, I fell too the ground. And then it all went black.

A/N - I know the beam thing is a bit weird but I couldn't think of anything else 😂
Word count - 733