Chapter 3

It took a few minutes for someone else to finally say something while Fury and Tony were arguing.
Captain America walked up to me and held out his hand

"Hi, I'm Steve Rogers"

I smiled, I looked down at his hand without shaking it, I can't trust anyone right now, not even myself.
He quickly retracted his hand after realising I wasn't doing anything

"Allow me to introduce everyone"

Steve started pointing at the rest of the avengers while saying their names

"This is Natasha, Clint, Bruce, Vision, Wanda and... this is... Bucky"

I moved my eyes to where he was pointing, the metal arm man. He stared at me again like before, not taking his eyes off mine. Something about him is just so familiar, but I can't seem to catch on.

Finally Fury and Tony had stopped arguing and turned to face us.

"Okay so I don't trust you being alone in a room so your going to have to stay in someone else's room with them"

"She could stay in buckys room"
Steve suggested cheerfully

We all turned to Steve in surprise

"Absolutely not, I am not having the 2 most untrustworthy people in the house staying in the same room"
Tony snapped back

"Actually I think it's a good idea" Fury chimed in

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, Bucky and Y/N have both experienced hydra, they can relate to each other, kind of. I think it will be easier for Y/N to feel more comfortable with someone who knows what she's going through"

Hydra, that must be where I Know him from.

"Barnes are you okay with this"

"Yeah"

"He finally spoke"
I added, making sure to sound sassy, even tho I knew I hadn't said a word since I came out here.

"Mhm okay Barnes, take Y/N to your room and give her the guest bed"

Bucky nodded and started to walk away with me slowly trailing after.
Behind me I could see tony shaking his head in disbelief.
I followed Bucky to his room and he closed the door once I came in.

"This is your bed"

He pointed to the double bed on the other side of the room, opposite to his bed

"Thanks"
I whispered, suddenly feeling nervous.

"It's kind of late, so I'm going to uh go to bed, goodnight"

I looked at the clock, 11:55pm
Not having slept on a proper bed for who knows how long I decided
"okay, I will too, goodnight metal man"

He let out a huff and climbed into his bed. So did I. I fell asleep but woke up about 30 minutes later, my throat was dry so I decided to go out to the kitchen and get a drink of water.
While walking out I heard 2 other voices in the kitchen, I ducked behind a wall and listened to what they were saying.

"Come on tony give her a chance"
It was Steve and Tony

"How am I supposed to do that when Fury literally found her on the streets"

"Because telling by that, she obviously needed a home"

"That's why I don't trust her, probably just joined to steal some technology to sell for money"

"Tony.."

"What? I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she has no parents, they probably abandoned her because she's useless"

That hit me
That hit me hard
I have tried so hard to push the memories of my parents down, because it makes me weak, and I can't control it. I hadn't thought about them for a while, that's how I stayed strong, But now there's no stopping all the memories flooding back into my mind.
I turned around and ran back to the room, I didn't care about being thirsty anymore, I couldn't hold it in any longer, I opened the door and jumped onto my bed, letting the cold, wet tears flow out, I didn't have the strength to stop it anymore. I tried my best to be quiet and not wake Bucky, but little did I know, he was already awake, and he was watching me as all my worries, insecurities and bad memories flowed out in the form of silent cries.

A/N - oof

Word count - 703