Chapter 10

We were all sitting at the dining table eating dinner, On my right was Bucky and on my left was Wanda. I was wearing an oversized hoodie and some some comfy sweatpants, my hair was in a messy bun. Steve, who was sitting on the other side of Bucky, was arguing with Clint about what genre of music is better. Tony and Bruce were talking about what Tony had been working on lately, what I found weird was that I heard them say my name, but every time I asked what they were talking about they would ignore me and start talking super quiet. Besides that, everyone else was silent.

I must of looked a bit confused because Bucky put a hand on my shoulder and asked.
"Are you alright?"

To which I just answered with a nod and a little smile before turning back to keep eating my food.

5 minutes passed, for some reason I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach, like something bad was going to happen. I ignored this feeling until I heard the ear deafening sound of glass shattering. We all turned our heads to see the large glass panels of the tower on this floor had been destroyed. And there in front of us stood 6 hydra agents, all holding their new weapon.

"What the hell"
I heard Bucky whisper under his breath.

By this time we had all gotten up from our chairs and each of us were facing one of the hydra agents.

"What do you want"
Steve asked them.

"Her"
one of the hydra agents said as he pointed over to me.

Then suddenly they all lunged at us. The agent who spoke came running at me, I tried to shoot a blast but he beat me to it and used the weapon to fling me up into the air. I fell back down and landed flat on my back, I winced as I gasped for air. I turned my head to see the same thing happening to everyone else. I forced myself back up only to get knocked down again, this happened 3 more times
before I heard Bucky yell as he fought off an agent.

"Y/N you have to use your new power!!!"

"I- I can't, everyone will see!"
I yelled back still trying to catch my breath

"it's either that or you get captured, along with all of us, just do it!"

I sighed as I turned to face everyone else, the agent that was attacking me had now joined another in trying to get to Natasha. I took this as an advantage, I held out my hand and the mist poured out, while practicing with Bucky I learned how to make it flow faster. I formed it around all of the agents, (I also learned how to control more then one person) they all stood still, I then made them all drop their weapons, I made them knock each other out. I stopped my mist and they all fell to the ground unconscious. A smile formed on my face as I turned around, then i remembered... everyone was watching. They all stared at me in shock, confusion and a hint of fury. 'This will be great' I thought to myself.

"I can't believe you didn't tell us"
Tony yelled in disbelief.

"More then 2 weeks of hiding the fact that you can control people?! Unbelievable"

I sat there at the table with my face leaning on my hand, everyone surrounding me.

"That's a bit messed up Y/N"
Clint added.

"We are supposed to be a team, how can we trust you after you kept something like that from us"
Steve said.

"Enough with this!"
Bucky suddenly spoke up.

"Y/N didn't want to tell you guys because she was scared! She didn't even know what the powers were herself, or where they came from, she had no clue how you guys would react to her suddenly getting new powers! She's not used to being able to trust people, because she hasn't had anyone to trust since...."
Bucky trailed off but then started again

"just give her a second chance, she didn't know what to do, the powers were completely new for her too Okay"

The room was silent for about a minute until Tony spoke up

"fine, just tell us the truth next time"
he said as he walked out of the room.

I looked at everyone and they all gave me a reassuring smile. We all got up and started walking out of the room.

Wanda came up to me
"just friends, huh?"
She smirked as she gave me a wink and walked off.

I grunted and continued walking. Me and Bucky walked to our room, I flopped onto my bed and let out a shaky breath.

"You okay doll?"
Bucky asked.

My stomach fluttered, I loved when he called me that. I sat up in my bed and painfully laughed. Bucky sat down next to me with worried eyes.

"They won't stop Buck, why can't hydra just leave me alone. I can't even eat dinner without them attacking us. It's scary"

"Y/N I won't let anything happen to you, I promise no matter what, I'll always be here to protect you"

"how do you know that?"
I asked as I looked over to him.

He stared at my lips then at my eyes then back to my lips again. Suddenly he leant forwards and crashed his lips onto mine. I was shocked at first but quickly melted into the kiss. He placed his normal hand on my cheek And hesitantly places his metal hand onto my waist. After a bit we finally pulled away. I rested my head on his shoulder and Bucky wrapped his arms around me.

Bucky whispered into my ear
"I just know"

A/N - it's finally happening!!! I'm so sorry I suck at writing about fighting😂😩 oh and thanks for 100 reads y'all!
Word count - 976