Let's go home

The next day I got up looking to the side. Colin was already off to work leaving me and Paisley for the day.

I got up and got dressed for our day

When I was done I got Paisley up and got her dressed

Every once and a while I got a day Where I could spend with just me and Paisley. They were my favorite days.

I put Paisley into her stroller and walked out of the apartment. Getting on the elevator I went down to the main lobby and waived to the man at the door as we left.

I walked down going to a coffee shop before I walked us over to the park. Paisley loves the park and I try to take her out when I can.

When we got to the park I found a bench to sit at with Paisley. I broke the cookie that I got and gave the small half to Paisley.

Looking around I felt like someone was watching me. I didn't like the feeling but shrugged it off.

It was a beautiful fall day and I thought it would be good to let her out to walk around.

When she was finished with her cookie I pulled her out and put her feet on the ground. She started to walk holding onto my hands and I smiled walking with her.

I walked around with her seeing how she loved to explore and look at everything. It was so cute how much she wanted to learn and see.

I stopped when I saw very nice shoes in front of me. They looked like I've seen them before. I quickly grabbed Paisley and looked up and to my relief it was Colin. I was so on edge that I thought it was someone else

"God Colin you scared me." He chuckled. I picked Paisley up and she instantly held her arms out for Colin. I think she thought that he was her dad and that scared me. Not that it wasn't a good thing I just...I don't know. It's going to be hard to explain why she doesn't look like him when she gets older.

"She loves you." I laughed giving her to him.

"Well then she's like her mom." I rolled my eyes following him off to the bench.

"I'm guessing you got off work."

"No quite. I'm on lunch break and I wanted to come and find you. I knew you would be here with this little one." He smiled looking down at Paisley.

"But I Came because I need to talk to you." I knew that voice. I heard it a lot now.

"Your leaving again."

"It's only for 5 days this time."

"5 days Colin! Your going to miss Halloween." I huffed and crossed my arms holding myself.

"Listen it's not that bad. I promise I will try and get home for Halloween." I wanted to believe that but I knew it was nothing.

"Come on why don't we go for lunch?" He got up holding Paisley. I saw the way she looked at him and I knew I had to do this for her.

"Fine." I got up pulling the stroller with us. Before we left I took one last look around the park to see if anyone was there that I knew. I saw nothing and shrugged my shoulders walking off.

Later when we finished eating I had to walk home with Paisley. I felt like someone was following me so I started to run. I ran down the street to my apartment and got there safely.

I ran past the bell hop land and went straight to the elevator. Getting on I pressed the button to my floor.

Before the door closed someone put there hand in it opening it back up. I froze when I saw who it was and stepped back pulling the stroller to turn.

He stood next to me and looked straight ahead.

"Hello Skylar. Didn't think we would find you?" There stood Shane with a smug look on his face happy that he had found me. My worst nightmare was coming true now.

"And with a child...why she looks like Declan doesn't she." That meant that they knew about Paisley which was even worse.

"What do you want." I hissed now getting scared.

"To invite you to a Halloween ball at the Galla in three days."

Thankfully the doors opened and I ran out to the hall.

"No thank you."

"So you don't what to know about your grandfather?" I stopped dead in my tracks At the mention of my Grandfather.

"You don't want to know if he's still alive or not?"

I turned to him and walk up to him with fire in my eyes. He brought Up the one thing that he should have left go.

"He is dead has been for 2 years because of you two."

"You know Declan never stopped looking for you. He never stopped looking to find out if that was really your grandfather or not in that fire. He believed if he found out that you would come back."

"Well He should stop. I have a happy life and don't want it to turn to shit because I let myself communicate with you."

I turned walking back to Paisley and went to move but he stopped me again.

"You know he loved you. He still does. Hasn't really been himself in years." That broke my heart. It hurt me because I know I still feel something for him to.

"Listen if you come, you come. If you don't then...then I know this will be the last time you hear from us. He just wants to try and make things Right ."

I heard the sound of the elevator doors open and close and knew he was gone.

I looked down at Paisley and saw her looking up at me with a bright smile. I wanted nothing more then to keep that on her face.

"Let's go home baby girl." I pushed the stroller moving to our door.