Back

Declan's P.O.V.

I don't know how long I had worked. All I know is that I was going to figure out who it was in that house that burned down. I don't believe that it was Peter. After almost 3 weeks of looking I wasn't giving up.

I went through papers and papers on end. I got some from the police that were on the case. They all said that they couldn't find a body to say that someone had died. Until they did I wouldn't believe that he was dead.

There was a knock at my door and In  rushed Shane. He had a crazy look in his eyes and it scared me.

"Look what we found." He slammed a paper down on my desk and I looked over it.

"Shit" I cursed picking it up once I read a little of it.

"It can't be him can it? I thought he was still in Ireland."

Right in the front page was one of my fathers men getting put into a police car. In big bold letters it said something about them finding the man that killed 3 people in Boston.

"Looks like he came to pay a visit." I said looking to him. I was scared shitless yes, but if I knew my father he wouldn't stay hidden for long.

Skylar's P.O.V.

It had been three weeks since the last time I talked to Colin. It had been that long since I've been here.

I had gotten close to Kelley and the girls. They helped me feel like I was family and the girls loved Paisley.

Even though I had spent so much time here I still haven't come around to talking to Declan. I didn't know if I was still mad at him or not.

Paisley sure wasn't. She adored him and wanted to be with him most the time.

I sat in a chair with a book as I watched my daughter play with Declan. He was like a big kid himself. He got on the ground to play with her. To see her smile so bright and him making it happen made me smile.

"What?" Declan asked as I realized I was looking at him. I picked up my book and shook my head.

"Nothing just thinking that's all." I continued with reading and every once and a while I would look up at Declan and smile.

"Uncle Declan. You got mail" Zoe said walking into the room.

She went and handed the note to Declan and he opened it as Paisley sat in his lap.

I saw the light leave his eyes and the color gone from him