You don't love me like you love him

Skylar's P.O.V.

I had given Paisley a bath and myself one to. As I was changing her there was a knock at the door. When I opened it I saw the littlest girl from early today.

"Hi." I smiled and waved at her as she watched me from the door.

"Is she yours?" She asked looking to Paisley. I laughed and nodded my head.

"Her names Paisley. Would you like to hold her?" She nodded her head with a little smile.

I waved her in and she ran over to me and I helped her up. I fixed the pillow under her arm and then placed Paisley there.

"Molly." We looked up and the other little girl was standing there. She looked timid to come in.

"Look Zoe I'm holding a baby." The girl who's name I'll guess is Molly said.

"Yeah she's doing a good job. You want to come in and hold her too?" Zoe nodded her head and I laughed and waved her in.

Soon I was sitting there talking to them and laughing with them. I almost didn't believe that they were Shane's daughters.

"Alright girls leave her alone." Kelley said walking into the room. She was very sweet. She was dressed in a nice dress and heels. You could tell she was all Business.

"Mom look the baby's smiling."

Zoe said pointing to Paisley as she sat on my lap.

"She is really adorable." Kelley said getting down to Molly's side.

My phone started to ring and I looked over at it.

"Come on girls. Help me with dinner." The girls both ran out and once the door was closed I grabbed my phone.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!" I pulled the phone away from my ear and cleared my throat.

"Colin listen."

"I came home from work and the whole house was destroyed And you two were no were to be found."

"I know I'm sorry-"

"When you didn't answer my calls I got worried. God please tell me you and Paisley are ok."

"Colin. Breath." I heard him breath and I knew I was good to continue.

"We are fine ok. Listen it's really hard to tell you this."

"How hard can it be!"

"I'm back home with Declan." I heard crickets on the other side. I was expecting more of an explosive reaction then this.

I continued not likening the silence. "He threatened to take Paisley from me and we almost got killed. I need to keep her safe."

"And that's by taking her to the man who got your grandfather killed?" well these were facts.

"He didn't kill him!" I don't know why I said that. It's not like I can prove it either way.

"Whatever Skylar. So I was just some rebound?"

"No Colin you are my best friend. I love you."

"But not like you love Declan."

I was silent. I didn't know how to answer that right away.

"Well I hope you have a good life." And with that he hung up on me. I dropped the phone looking down at Paisley with tears in my eyes.

"What am I going to do baby girl?" She laughed and clapped her hands putting a sad smile on my face.