3

May 158:16 PM

May 15
8:16 PM.
Beatriz Buxton

It's been 6 month's since I was kidnapped and forced into this stupid ass catering shit. I get more and more angry by the day. Lee still tries to talk to me as if we're besties. I remember who he is now but I wish I hadn't.

We were bestfriend's. The three of us in 6th grade were like the three musketeers. He was way older than us, kind of like a big brother. We were always up to something, always fightin. Then he moved to Nevada. Maybe that's where I am, Nevada.

When they saw how pissed I was they started making me go to counseling everyday after my shift as if I'm in some kind of addiction institute. Like they tryna help me out. If I could I would off every last mothafucka that works here maybe even the client's. They nasty asses goin to hell anyway.

As I turned down the hall all that could be heard was the click my heels made against the floor. I still had my lingerie on underneath my  robe. I walked into his office and kicked off my heels before slumping down into the chair.

"Tough day?" He asked.

"No, I didn't get any private clients so if your check comes back short don't be surprised," I said.

"So all you did was wait tables?" He asked.

"Yup, when I looked at the schedule Diane had a full list of clients," I replied.

"So your saying she rigged the planner?" He asked.

"Nah, I'm not saying that... I mean why would she? It's not like we're getting paid," I said.

"Do you want to get paid?" He asked.

"If I did would I?" I asked.

"No," he replied bluntly.

I smiled but it faded quickly. Moments like this would remind me of what he was like in middle school. He told the truth whether it's what you wanted to hear or not. I liked that about him, never scared to speak his mind. Then I snap back to reality and remind myself where I am and who he is to me now. He isn't my friend anymore, I have to learn to accept that.

"It's okay to not want to be upset all the time. You're only driving yourself crazy by doing that," he said.

"I think I need a different counselor," I said.

Hurt crossed over his face and for a second I thought he'd hide it like he usually does, but he doesn't.

"Why?" He asked.

"I feel like you're using our history against me. Trying to remind me that once upon a time we were friends but that's not the reality now. I'm not forcing myself to be angry but I refuse to let myself believe that this is okay," I said.