20

1 week later... Saturday 12:32 PM.
Beatriz Buxton

"Ma, I DONT KNOW!" I said getting irritated.

"Well what did you eat?" She asked as she stood at the bathroom door.

"I don't know Waffle House," I replied.

I had been throwing up all morning. It's going down now.

"Have you and Quay been using condoms?" She asked folding her arms.

"Huh?"

"If you can huh you can hear," she said.

"Oh my God," I said getting irritated by her presence.

"I'll take that as a no," she said before going into the living room.

I heard her pick up her keys before I crawled to the door to look out.

"Where you goin?"

"To get you a pregnancy test, I'll be back," she said before picking up her purse and leaving out.

I brushed my teeth and showered before I called Dallas.

"Hey," she answered.

"Hey, what you doin?"

"Nothin, gettin myself somethin to eat," she replied.

"Bruh can you come over?"

"Why is everything okay?"

"No! My mom thinks I'm pregnant so she left me here alone! And she'll be back any second now with a pregnancy test and then if I am I'm gonna have to hear her mouth ALONE!" I whined.

"Alright, I'm on the way," she said.

"Thank you."

"Mhm bye," she said before we hung up.

Dallas got here before my mom thankfully.

"You look terrible," she said before walking in.

"Suck my dick."

"So tell me, are you pregnant?" She asked plopping down on the couch.

"I don't know-"

"Bea... on a scale of 1-10 how likely are you to be pregnant?" She asked.

"I don't know like 8 but-"

"Beatriz! How could you!" She joked.

"Oh my God! Dallas! What the fuck!" I exclaimed.

"Do you remember him nuttin in you?" She asked.

"Yeah but honestly I think the last time we used a condom we were probably in high school," I said before sitting on the couch.

"High school?!" She exclaimed before I remembered that I forgot to tell her about that time we were friends with benefits.

"Oh I forgot to tell you," I said.

"How did you- you know what Bea I need a drink dealin with you," she said before going into the kitchen.

"So how long have y'all really been together?" She asked.

"I mean first time we kissed was after prom. My first time was maybe a month later and then we stopped right before we graduated," I replied.

"So were y'all like together during that time right before y'all graduated?" She asked.

"Nah, we were more like friends with benefits," I said before looking at her.

We sat there in silence a little before she said, "I have a question."

"Go ahead," I said.

"Do you think you're relationship would've been the same as before if you didn't get taken?" She asked.

"Nah. This time it was different. It felt different ya know. Like before it was like oh this feels good yet wrong ya know but now I didn't get that feeling that I was doing something wrong," I replied before my mom walked in.

"Hey Dallas. Okay I got the pregnancy test, and something to eat," she said as she sat everything down on the counter.

"You ready?" She asked turning around to look at me.

I nodded before she pulled out the pregnancy test and handed it to me. All three of us walked into the bathroom.

"How you feelin?" My mom asked as I sat on the toilet and unboxed it.

"I'm good, I haven't thrown up in a little while so-"

"I mean about maybe being pregnant. Are you ready?" She asked.

"Nobody's ever really ready," I said before I began to pee on the stick.

"Yeah but you just got back. Are you stable enough to have a baby right now?"

"Mom... I'm fine," I said getting annoyed.

I was tired of her treating me like I was crazy or something. I just wanted to live and be treated the same. If I hadn't been kidnapped then she'd be jumping for joy that she finally gets the grand baby she's been hoping for.

When I was done I put the cap on it before setting it on the counter. I wiped myself before getting up and flushing the toilet.

"Are you and Quay doing okay?" My mom asked as I washed my hands.

"Yeah, we're great," I said as my eyebrows knitted together.

"Are you sure? Because you're still in this apartment-"

"Ma for real, stop," I said.

"What? What am I doing?"

"Just because we got back together and everything is great between us doesn't mean I just pack up my apartment and move back in with him. I want to experience being an adult with my own place. Besides moving in with Quay wasn't really a thing that was needed. We were just doing it so that I wouldn't have to stay with you not because we were ready for it," I said.

"If you're not ready to live together how can you be ready for a child?"

"Ya know believe it or not, some people are capable of separating the relationship they have with the child and the parent," I said looking at her. "Besides I may not even be pregnant."

"Oh you definitely are..." Dallas said before holding up the pregnancy test. "But I mean... sometimes home tests don't work."

"They're 99% accurate Dallas," I said before taking the pregnancy test from her hands.

I stared at the test as it began to register in my mind that I was in fact pregnant.