15

2 weeks later

2 weeks later.... 12:15PM
Beatriz Buxton

"Hi, I'm Doctor Quill But you can call me Daniella if it makes you comfortable," the therapist said sitting down in her chair.

"Hi," I said.

"What's your name?"

"Oh, Beatriz," I replied.

"That's very pretty... now why are you here?" She asked looking up at me.

"Honestly... my boyfriend really wants me to do this and I don't want to worry him to death so I told him I would come," I replied.

"Cut the bullshit, why are you really here?"

I looked at her for a second before shrugging.

"You don't know?"

"I do I just... that is the reason."

"Beatriz you are in the case where no one has forced you to come to this session. You came on your own. Your boyfriend- what's his name?"

"Quay," I replied.

"Quay was only giving you an extra push in the direction you wanted to go in. So I'm going to ask you again... why are you here?"

"I keep having small panic attacks and nightmares and... just reminders," I replied.

"Reminders of what?"

"I was kidnapped and forced to like... give sexual favors to men in a club," I replied causing her to sit back.

"What is the most common time that you have these... 'reminders'?"

"When I'm in the living room or in bed," I replied.

"No where else?" She asked causing me to shake my head.

"Were you kidnapped out of your home?" She asked causing me to stiffen.

I nodded before she started writing again. It reminded me of Lee causing me to feel dizzy and sick.

"I'm sorry- where's the bathroom?" I asked trying to hold it back.

"Right over there," she pointed with a concerned expression.

I hurried into the bathroom before I threw up in the toilet. I felt tears roll down my face as I coughed. Daniella came in as I finished.

"Are you Okay?" She asked.

"I don't think I can do this," I shook my head.

"I'm guessing you had another reminder."

I nodded as I wiped my face.

"I'm sorry," I said my voice cracking.

"Don't apologize for something you have no control over... what happened in the flashback?" She asked.

"In the hotel, club, whatever you want to call it, they gave us a counselor... I feel like he was one of the people who kept me somewhat sane-"

"I'm guessing you two had a romantic relationship?"

"Why do you say that?"

"The devastation on your face. You felt more than just friends with this... counselor," she replied.

"No... we may have had sex but we weren't in a relationship... I'm in love with Quay... my boyfriend-"

"That may be... Beatriz you can still love one person and catch feelings for another. It is possible. In the end you will more than likely go with the person you love but you were still attracted to someone else at a point in time," she said.

"He's dead now," I said more to myself than her.

She took a deep breath letting my words sink in.

"I see..."

"Huh?"

"You were not reminded of your experience in that hotel. You were reminded of his death," she said.

I shook my head.

"I hate him. He worked against me, I thought we were on the same team and we weren't. I thought he wanted to leave just as bad as I did but instead he was up another niggas ass-" I could barely finish before I started throwing up again.

The memory of Lee getting shot crossed over my mind. I remembered when we were younger. My mom would pick on us for him having a crush.

"I told him I didn't want to do this," I said more or so to myself.

"Who?" She asked.

"Quay! I told him I didn't want to come here and now I'm throwing up shit I didn't even remember fucking eating," I said.

"Beatriz you're free to leave or stop whenever you'd like," she said.

At the end of the session I walked out before getting in the car with Quay. He looked at me and I know he had a million questions to ask but didn't know how.

"How'd it go?" He asked.

"I threw up most of the session. Can we go?" I asked before he nodded.

We drove home before I went to brush my teeth and take a shower. I didn't really want to be bothered and thankfully Quay caught the drift.