18

3 months later.... 3:12 PM.
Beatriz Buxton

"Girl I see you gainin a lil weight in the hips," Dre's sister said as she messed with the side of my belt loop.

I laughed before she started fixing herself a drink. Dre and Ashley were having a kickback. I had been staying with them for the past 3 months while Quay figured out if the baby was his or not. I don't really know how to handle that situation.

If it is his I can't just throw it all away. I went into the back where the little kids were.

"Look at what I can do Bea," Diamond said before she turned around in a circle and then clapped.

"That was so good D," I smiled before picking her up and giving her kisses.

Dominique, my baby cousin started crying when his pacifier fell out of his mouth. I was about to help him when Quay picked him up and put his paci back in his mouth. He rocked him in his arms as he smiled at him.

I looked away before tucking some hair behind my ear. I started playing with Diamond and her toys.

"Bea," Quay called.

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk?" He asked as he put Dominique in his rocker.

"You keep building, I'll be right back," I said to Diamond as she played with her legos.

I got up before he led me out of the guest room and into my room. I closed it before I looked up at him.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey... so uh how you been?" He asked.

"I been good. I bought my own place. I get the keys tomorrow," I said before as he bit his lip.

He nodded before he said, "it wasn't mine."

"Sorry to hear that-"

"No you're not," he said.

"Is that all?" I asked before he chuckled under his breath and looked down.

"Bea I don't care that you slept with somebody else, I don't care that you left, I don't care what happened but I miss you. I understand why you left, I get it but please-"

"Quay-"

"No I'm serious. Every single time we've ever been apart it fucked with me on a completely different level. I need you Bea. Honest to God," he said as he held my hands.

"I can't just move back in with you Quay. I've already got my own place set up-"

"It doesn't have to be instant I just know I need you in my life. Are you understanding? Am I makin sense?" He asked and I nodded.

He put his forehead to mine before I kissed him.

"I love you," He said.

"I love you too."