8 PART 1/2

5:31 AM.
Quavari Denver

I sat on the passengers side of the van while music played through the stereo.

"Can pass me a pb&j?" I asked Mari who sat in the back.

She pass me up one and I wasted no time before tearing it apart.

"Yo, that shit stank," Monty complained.

"Then pinch ya nose," I shrugged.

"You better brush yo teeth when we get to the hotel because that shit is unacceptable," Monty said.

I blew in his face causing him to gag.

"Quay, you know you too damn old for that," Ashley smiled.

5:38 AM.
Beatriz Buxton

"Why do they wake us up so early for breakfast?" Tierra asked as we walked downstairs.

I shrugged as we walked over to Lee. He'll tell everyone their table numbers and that's the table they'll take care of for the day.

"Table 6! Briane, Beatriz, and Mylan! Table 7! Destiny, Tierra, and Kayla!" Lee yelled.

Luckily for us our tables were next to each other. I sat down beside Mylan and Tierra sat at the corner of her table that was closer to us.

"I heard you had your funeral yesterday," Mylan said as they started setting out the plates.

"Yeah," I said looking down.

"You don't seem... Hung over," she said.

"I didn't take it," I said causing her to straighten in her seat.

"And they didn't use the syringe?" She asked a bit of anger in her voice.

I shook my head and she scoffed.

"Favoritism at it's finest," she said causing me to look at her.

"I didn't refuse them, I just didn't swallow it," I said and she calmed glad I wasn't getting any special treatment.

"We're getting out of here tonight," I whispered.

"How?" She asked.

I discussed the plan with her and she made sure to pass it on to Tierra. When breakfast was over we went back up to our rooms.

7:58 AM.
Quavari Denver

"Go brush yo teeth hoe," Monty said as we got out the elevator to the hall our hotel rooms were on.

"Go brush yo nappy ass hair nigga, talkin bout me," I said causing Dallas to chuckle as she unlocked the door.

"Did you just laugh? That's funny-" Monty said as they walked into their room.

I threw my bag on the floor of the room I'll be sharing with Bea tonight. I laid in bed and read over the letter over and over. I start to feel guilty for the way I tried to deal with her "death." She didn't make it hard for me but I shouldn't have even let that girl that close to me, especially if she claims she was Bea's friend.