Frayed

Chelsea's P.O.V.

"Dad, we need to help them." I plead.

"Not us. I'm getting the consulting business back up and running. You both need to graduate. That's a normal life. And it's what we agreed to." Dad explains.

"So we just ignore it." Allison says annoyed.

"We stay out of it." He simply says.

"There's a pack of alphas trying to kill our friends." Allison tries to reason with him.

"How do we stay out of that? Especially me?" I'm a werewolf for god's sake.

"There's a saying for these kind of situations, the kind you have to navigate carefully. It's called, threading the needle. It's finding a safe path between two opposing forces." Dad explains.

"It sounds like saving your own ass." I spat walking towards the door with Allison.

"They are not your family." He says.

"With all the family we lost. We can use a few friends." Allison said before I grabbed her arm and dragged her to my room.

"Chelsea! Allison!" Dad shouts but we ignored him.

"We're doing this." I said pulling out my case from closet that had all my combat stuff.

"I'll go get ready." She says and I nod.

I got dressed in all black and so did Allison. I laid all my arrows on the bed and Allison came into my room.

"Ready?" I asked her gathering my arrows.

Allison might be older than me by a year but I act like the older one.

"Ready as I'll ever be." 

We both headed down and straight to my car. I then took off to the abandoned place where they were meeting at. 

We arrived when the alpha pack had everyone on the floor except for Derek. Allison was about to shoot a flash bang but I stopped her. She looked at me and I mouthed to her, on my count. She nodded and we listened in on what they were saying.

"Kill him." Deucalion said referring to Boyd. "The others can go. You're beaten. Do it Derek. Take the first step."

"Are we serious with this kid? Look at him. He's an Alpha to what. . . a couple of useless teenagers." Kali scoffs.

"Some have more promise than others." Deucalion looks at her.

"Let him rise to the occasion then. What will it be Derek? Pack or family?" Kali asks almost chocking Cora with her foot

I looked at Allison and pointed to myself telling her that I'll shoot first.

"Duck Derek." I say under my breath knowing that he can hear me.

I then shot a flash bang at the merged twins. The bang caused them to separate. Allison then started shooting arrows close to the other Alphas.

"Your eyes. Cover your eyes!" Deucalion shouted to his pack.

We shoot a couple of more until the pack was able to stand up again. I saw Scott look up to us with a thankful expression and we smiled at him. 

We watched as Scott charged at Ennis. They both ran into each other but stumbled back. I looked at Scott and saw that his eyes flashed red for a moment, but then turned back to gold. 

Derek then charged at Ennis and they both started fighting. I saw them getting closer and closer to the edge of the hole. I was about to jump down, but Allison held me back.