Currents

Chelsea's P.O.V.

I was with Scott on our way to drop off his mom some food. We entered the hospital and she saw us.

Scott hold up the food and she walks over to us, "I'm starving." She took the food from Scott's hands. We both just stare at her and she slowly turns around. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Thank you both for bringing me dinner." She brings both of us into a hug.

"Is everything okay?" I asked looking around at how packed the hospital was.

"Except for half the accident victims in a 10 car pile-up being rerouted here from downtown and the ER attending not answering any of his pages. Yeah, I'm okay." Melissa tiredly says.

"What does not answering pages mean?" Scott asks his mom curiously.

"It means nobody can find him." I answer.

"Yeah." Melissa nods. "So now we have to wait for the on call to get here."

"Miss, can I get something for the pain?" A woman asks walking up to Melissa.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know but actually giving you something might make things worse for you. You really just need to wait for the doctors." Melissa sits her down at a chair.

I look to Scott and he seemed to have read my mind. We both sat down on each side of the lady who asked Melissa for medicine.

"Um, you know, I think I read something online that sometimes human contact can help with pain." Scott told her and she just cried from the pain.

We looked around to see if anyone was staring at us and then we both placed our hand on her hands. We took some of her pain away and she looked at both of us with a thankful expression.

"Someone! Someone help me!" Someone shouted.

I look to my right to see Ethan entering the hospital with Danny who looks as if her were dying.

"I need help!" Ethan shouts.

"Danny!" I rush to his side.

I take his free arm and placed it around my neck. Ethan and I practically dragged him to a chair. We sit him down and Melissa immediately attends him.

Scott grabs Ethan by his shirt, "What did you do to him?"

"Nothing." Ethan spats. "He said he was having chest pain and trouble breathing but it kept getting worse."

"It's not good." Melissa says examining him. "His larynx has shifted to the side. I think it's a tension pneumothorax."

Next thing you know, Danny is on his knees vomiting.

"Mistletoe." Ethan whispers.

What the hell, I thought.

"We need a gurney!" Melissa yells.

A few seconds later, another nurse comes with a gurney. Ethan and Scott pick Danny up to place him on the gurney. Melissa and the other nurse wheel him away. Scott, Ethan, and I followed.

My phone the started ringing and I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Now is not a good time." I say to the person.

"Chelsea, where are you?" I hear Aiden say.

"I'm in the hospital with your brother. He came in with Danny. He isn't looking too good." I inform him.

"What happened to Ethan?" Aiden panics.

"It's not Ethan, it's Danny. I'm sorry Aiden, but now is not a good time to talk." I say before hanging up.