00| vengeance knows no mercy

to stephaz2 for always being there, ready to jump in and follow my characters' journeys <3

| {ii} | 2 weeks back

Melody was crazy.

At least, she felt so at this moment. It was completely, completely, completely reckless and impulsive of her but she couldn't quite care at the moment.

Her head was buzzing, the alcohol she'd consumed in anger and vengeance beginning to take a toll on her rationality. Though it was questionable whether the alcohol was clouding her judgement considering that coming here, to this party, with a sober mind was irrational in the first place.

She wanted to get back at him -- she needed to get back at him. She couldn't just lay down and let him get away with his manipulative, opportunistic ways.

Guys like him believed they had nobody to answer to, and so they carried on doing the low-level shit that they do.

That had to stop.

Only, fighting fire with fire wasn't going to help much. But Mel was past the point of caring now.

She stumbled into someone.

"Whoa," a male voice said, steadying her. His arms remained on hers. She looked up to meet his eyes and found a pair of washed-out, faded green ones staring right back at her. Dale.

"You have nice eyes," she slurred. "They're not too bright or sparkly; I like them."

He smiled. "You're drunk, Mel."

"Party pooper," she pouted.

"Nope, just not in a party mood," he shrugged lazily. "I was just leaving..." He trailed off, sweeping his eyes over her form to assess the state she was in. "Do you want me to drop you home?"

"Nu-uh," she shook her head, and kept doing so for a few considerable minutes. "I need to do something."

"What?" Dale was beginning to grow weary now.

"Shhhh," she put her finger to his lips and then began laughing. "Top secret. Sorry, Dale."

Dale shifted on his feet. "Mel, come on. What are you even doing here? I'll take you home. Chase would be here--"

"DON'T SAY THE BASTARD'S NAME!" she snapped, alcohol fuelling her vengeful thoughts and she couldn't seem to remember what she came here to do.

Dale sighed, glad the music drowned out her shouting from reaching anyone else's ears.