19| i've got your back

chapter 17, 18 & 19 were updated today, so pls make sure you haven't skipped! :)

for azzurra13

|Chapter 19|

| i've got your back |

BREE sped up the stairs, knowing that Mel's second class of the day had been on the second floor.

She prayed to God she wasn't too late and that nobody decided to try something funny. She'd have been on time if it hadn't been for the unexpected encounter with the two people who created this entire mess in the first place.

Bree couldn't even begin to understand how they walked around so freely, not an atom of remorse evident in their behaviour. They just seemed to not care, or even give the stunt they pulled a second thought.

Then again, why would they? They didn't have a shred of consequence hanging over their heads.

Bree wondered why Melody wouldn't go to the college dean, or even file a lawsuit against those two considering they weren't exactly minor anymore. Hell, Alec was a college senior. He had to be a little over twenty.

When Bree finally got there, she found Mel standing by herself, chewing on the nail of her thumb, a sign she was agitated and tremendously anxious.

"I'm late, aren't I?" Bree asked rhetorically as she neared Melody.

Mel's eyes instantly snapped to Bree's approaching figure and her mouth turned up into a small smile. "Not by much," she answered, "I was fine, nobody else has really said anything."

"Right," Bree nodded, "wanna grab some lunch? Or is the cafeteria too soon?"

Mel seemed to hesitate, "I don't know..."

Bree shook her head, smiling reassuringly. "No pressure, it's just the cafeteria, right? We'll go somewhere else."

"But you need to get lunch for yourself," Mel frowned.

Bree shrugged, "That's alright, really. There's always the hotdog van outside... Or I could cook something up in the dorm kitchen."

"You don't like hotdogs, though," Mel sighed, "and come on, Bree, you can't cook to save your life. Your mum has the magic hands; your little sister inherited that from your mum... But not you. Plus, by the time we walk to the dorms and get the stuff and actually cook a meal, we'd have too little time left for our next class."

"You sure?" Bree asked, worried that Mel wasn't thinking straight just for her convenience. Bree could skip a meal, it really wouldn't matter that much.

Mel smiled and pushed herself off the wall, slipping her arm through Bree's and directing them towards the staircase. "Yeah," she replied. "I'm going to have to show my face there one day. To hell if these people think I'm going to stop eating food because they have their condescending noses stuck too high in the air."