61| for now and always

for weirdflexbutok- 💕

| Chapter 61 |

for now and always |

They ended up in Nick's dorm room.

Because if this conversation went exactly the way Bree wanted it to go, it better end with Nick kissing the daylights out of her.

"What'd you wanna talk about?" Nick asked kicking his shoes off and tossing his bag onto the small study desk he had.

Bree hovered near the door, shifting on her feet because she wasn't too sure where to sit or if she wanted to do this standing.

Nick stopped moving and turned his chin over his shoulder, only to find that she hadn't moved.

He slowly turned around and approached her, reaching for Bree's shoulder bag, the tips of his fingers brushing the skin of her arm as he dragged the bag down and then dumped it next to his on the desk.

"Speak, Bree. I'm not going to bite." His lips twitched at the last few words, eyes flickering with amusement.

Asshole. Bree rolled her eyes.

"I met Michael a few days back," she told him, figuring she had to start somewhere.

Nick's eyebrows shot up in something that could only be described as horrified surprise.

"No, it wasn't to threaten me or anything along those lines," Bree quickly said, seeing the look on his face. "He was... patient with me, actually."

Nick's eyebrows were knitted so tightly together, it appeared like those frown-lines on his forehead would be there permanently. Eventually, his face relaxed -- but only the slightest bit.

"Yeah," he said in a voice that still carried his confusion and shock, "He's always been like that with me too. Patient."

"Must be natural for him, huh? To play the older sibling role when it comes to confused and lost people who are younger than him." Bree shook her head, "Because I was definitely lost and confused that night."

"Sounds like him," Nick muttered, a far-away look settling in his eyes. He snapped out of it and glanced at Bree. "Anything worth mentioning?"

Bree thought back to that night. She recalled Michael telling her to get better locks for her room window after it was so easy for him to sneak in. Had she known the guy, the memory would've almost made her smile. But she didn't know him, and so was still uncertain whether his obvious love for Nick made him trustworthy.

"Not really," Bree sighed. "But... I think he came to the realisation that you'd never really be free, no matter where you are. Not as long as, you know, your father is hellbent on getting you involved."