42| date night

dedicated to teenypooh ❤ for being an amazing friend and also for threatening me to update xD

dedicated to teenypoohfor being an amazing friend and also for threatening me to update xD

| Chapter 42 |

| date night |

"How long do you think the party's gonna last?" Bree asked Claire as she applied a deep peach lipstick.

Fishing around on her dresser that's scattered with all sorts of makeup, considering Claire had a habit of creating a mess whenever she got dressed, Bree's hands finally came in contact with the neutral-toned lip gloss.

"No idea," Claire replied, smacking her lips which were painted a nice shade of red, the kind that wasn't too bright but claimed your attention anyway. "But it's the last party of winter break before our second semester starts, I doubt anyone plans on leaving it anytime soon."

Bree shook her head. "I can't believe you're going to drive all the way to Simpsonville for this party."

"Bree, it's literally thirty minutes away."

"With the night traffic, it's going to take you longer," she scoffed, "but whatever, you know." She suddenly grinned then, "just don't drunk call me or anything."

Claire laughed, "don't worry, girl. As long as you give me all the details and I mean every single detail first thing tomorrow, I'll make sure to be on my best behaviour."

"You're gonna be so hungover for me to be calling you the first thing tomorrow," Bree rolled her eyes good-naturedly, appreciating that Claire was feeling happy for her even if she was still on the fence about Nick. She'd softened down a bit after learning of the incident involving Maya, though.

"Let me worry about that," she huffed in response to what Bree had said.

"Mm hm," Bree muttered distractedly as she stood back and examined herself in the wide, vanity mirror since she didn't have one of those floor-length ones.

It didn't matter though; the reflection this mirror provided was sufficient for her to know she'd done a good job.

"You look gorgeous," Claire stated, noticing Bree check herself out. "And I mean, crazy gorgeous."

"Thanks, Claire," Bree let her lips curve upwards. "You look fabulous too, not that you didn't know that already, I'm sure."

She grinned at Bree through the reflection and was about to say something, when the alert of a message on her cell cut her off.

She swiped it off Bree's bed and her eyes scanned the text she'd received. "Alright," Claire declared, putting the phone into her clutch and giving her reflection one last glance. "Dale and the other two are here, so I'm off to go partying and wasting the night away!" Her grin widened, and she bounced her way towards Bree, before leaning in for a quick hug.