07| apology accepted

to CookiesnCream133 for being so enthusiastic about reading my writing <3

| Chapter 07 |

| apology accepted |

BREE hurried down the hallway, quickening her pace and taking longer strides.

She didn't want to miss her second class of the day like she'd done with her first. Not that she regretted it; Mel had needed her.

Then again, Bree wasn't entirely certain that was the sole reason she was walking fast.

Because, really, what had she been thinking?!

She could've gotten hurt! Bree wasn't sure if Dawson would be comfortable enough to raise his hand to a girl or not, and neither was she planning on finding out anytime soon, but she'd just risked it.

It was just that Bree disliked bullies. Disliked cowards who got their fix by watching others squirm in their presence. Disliked sadists who felt powerful when they were feared.

Though, of course, it was highly debatable whether Nick was scared at all, or that he even squirmed in Dawson's presence. Nick had seemed like he was born ready for confrontations. Then again, Bree knew nothing about him. Maybe he got into brawls all the time.

Bree wasn't that much of a keen observer, but she'd witnessed freshmen, especially the small-made, timid ones, get bullied by Dawson every now and then. It wasn't just him, though -- a lot of seniors did so. And they usually did it in groups. Bree couldn't find it in herself to tell them off when they were in groups -- something she could admit she was ashamed of. But when she'd seen Dawson going at it by himself today, she had figured it was worth a shot.

She couldn't even see why he'd chosen to pick on Nick of all people. The latter may not be as built or wide-framed, but he looked tough enough. Hell, the ever-present v between his brows and the ghost of a scowl lingering on his lips made Nick appear intimidating enough.

Bree wondered if maybe Dawson hadn't actually planned on Nick being his next victim. Perhaps that was just the result of Nick's big mouth. That would explain why there were two other girls with Dawson.

Bree shook her head to herself. Nick had been rude enough to her at her own home; what could he have possibly told those two girls that made one of them go fetch their boyfriend?

"Hey!" She heard someone shout behind her, not fully focused on her surroundings to be able to determine whose voice it was that she'd heard.  She didn't know if it was directed towards her so she kept walking.