1

'You are Mrs. Vasilievna now. You are the status that people will look up to. Your every move and word is watched with eyes of an eagle. You are a reflection of Mr. Vasiliev. You are Mrs. Vasilievna... you are his shadow. You are his wife.'

'Ding!' The elevator doors opened and we walked out, my hand clasped around my husband's arm. 

He gave me a kiss on the cheek, and I leave his side, making my way to my office right across from his. 

It's been two years since I have been Mrs. Vasilievna, and it has been exactly 730 days that those words have echoed in my mind. We have walked in like that, arm in arm, and he has kissed me and we part ways to our offices, exactly 715 days. 

Amy, the secretary,  smiled as she heard my heels click across the floor. I returned the smile and continued to my office. It's made of glass walls, that have been painted over on all sides so that I can see outside into the lobby, but no one can see into the office. Even the windows are painted; my husband says its so that we can limit how many eyes watch me.

Our offices are decorated with orchids, and one photo frame, my husband allows me to do that, but all other decorations are prohibited. In fact, throughout all the offices and lobbies, there are only orchids, and beautiful oil paintings of landscapes throughout the world, and that's it. Anything else will ruin the style of the buildings and cause too much clutter.

And I can't argue with that... he's a successful man, in the top 50 most rich and young men in the world, so whatever his methods may be, they bring success and I have learned never to question anything he may say.

"Mrs. Vasilievna, you look stunning, as usual!" Laureli, the receptionist, said as she brought my tea.

I'm wearing a silk white blouse with large poppies on it, and a red skirt. My golden hair is securely fastened with a barrette. She's greeted me that way almost every day, no matter of my attire. 

She placed the china cup onto the desk and left. Laureli has actually been my closest friend if I can even call her that. She's certainly a face I am very glad to see, but I've never talked to her outside of work, and I really do not know much about her personal life. She has a little daughter, and her mother has recently passed away, but other than that, I really do not know.

I silently began to work. I was not allowed to 'think about anything that is not work related'. I was his wife, but there would be no exceptions. The quality of work must be the best possible, and that means no distractions of any kind.

My husband would load me with projects and assignments, and as his personal assistant, I was responsible for emails and appointments and meetings. He needed me present at all meetings unless otherwise noted, which happened quite frequently. 

My phone rang, and I quickly answered it.

"Vasiliev World Inc., how may I help?" 

"Mrs. Vasilievna, this is Brandon. Mr. Vasiliev is in the main lobby, requesting you to come down and accompany him to his meeting."