21

I stared at the gorgeous trees above me, and a single tear fell out from the corner of my eye.  The beautiful pale lilac and rose colors of the cherry blossoms were simply beautiful; a creation that had the work of a majestic Artist whispering through its soft petals.

  The beautiful pale lilac and rose colors of the cherry blossoms were simply beautiful; a creation that had the work of a majestic Artist whispering through its soft petals

"God, you are wonderful." I closed my eyes and whispered into the brisk, October air. 

Indeed, He was. How He had guided me these past days, His hand keeping me safe and unharmed, but especially at peace. Another tear silently escaped me.

"Maria?" 

Misha's hand gently touched me, and he turned me to face him. He had lines of worry scrunched on his face. 

"Why do you cry?" His voice was soft and caring.

I let out a small laugh and wiped away my tears. 

I couldn't keep it away from him any longer, I had to tell him. I placed a hand on my belly and whispered, "My baby... it kicked today, I felt my little baby today."

His face lighted up with a smile. "Maria, that is not something to cry about! That is good."

I laughed again. "I know that, Misha. I cry because Alexander isn't here, to feel the baby's feet kicking. This is his child, too, and how my heart desired for him to experience the beauty of a little baby with me."

The smile was wiped off of Misha's face and he gave me a long, saddened glance. "I am very sorry, Maria. I truly am."

With a sigh, I replied, "I know, Misha."

He looked over me. "Aren't you cold, Maria?"

I wore another strange outfit today; creme colored wide pants, with summer flowers printed on them, and a thin white cropped blouse, tied at the bottom with a knot. I had on a strange three two chain necklace, and even stranger long, dangly gold earrings. I had on cafe brown sandal heels, with a textured purse.

I shook my head; surprisingly, I wasn't as cold as I should have been

"It's a surprise these blossoms are still so pretty," I mentioned as we stared at the gorgeous trees.