29

"Let's go."

I whipped around to see Misha leaning against the doorway of the bathroom.

Thank God I had wrapped myself in a towel.

"Misha!" I pointed out the door, "Get out!"

He winked and then left the door and slowly began to close the door. I helped him with the process and slammed it shut, making sure to lock it.

I quickly dried my hair off, combed it, and applied some makeup. I was about to leave but I remembered that the only thing I had on was a very loosely tied towel.

I groaned. Darn. I had one option left.

"Misha!"

I heard him come up to the door.

"Yes, my love?"

"Mind getting me some clothes?" Then I quickly added, "Decent ones!"

He laughed and then soon I heard him knock.

"Okay, step away and close your eyes."

He laughed again, but I trusted him to have done what I said. I quickly opened the door, grabbed the pile of clothes and slammed it shut again.

I stared at the clothes. "What is this?"

"Clothes."

"I know, I can see. Why did you get... these clothes?"

"Because, darling. It's cold outside and we're going for a stroll. Besides, it's stretchy material and you need that because you've got a human inside of you."

"Mhmm. How thoughtful."

I hurried to get myself into these clothes. Either way, they were better than this towel. In just a few moments I was standing in a bright orange but stretchy and warm turtleneck and white, high-waisted pants that seemed cold but were actually quite cuddly and soft. Even in the snow, however, I had to wear awful stilettos, but I decided not to complain. A pair of dangly earrings completed the ridiculous, but actually very comfortable outfit.

"Ah, you look magnificent! Alright, we're leaving!" Misha exclaimed and proceeded to hurry me out the door

"We're just taking a stroll through the city. No landmarks, nothing. I thought if we just went for a walk that would be just as fun. What do you say?" Misha asked me.

I nodded. "Sounds super."

Of course, I wasn't thinking about St. Petersburg at the moment. I wanted to find a way to help Alexander retain at least some of his wonderful reputation and influence in his countries, but at the same time, I wanted to help Misha get a little revenge out of Alexander.

Funny. Very funny how now I actually wanted to help my husband get hurt.

But only a little!

He deserved it. Taking away someone's life shouldn't go unpunished.