38

Extra Chapter. Misha's POV. 

I wanted to cry as I watched her enter the building. 

My hand reached up to my face to wipe off some raindrops. I frowned and looked up.

It wasn't raining... I guess I couldn't hold back my tears and I was crying.

She was gone but I couldn't go after her. It was the right decision for her to go, and no matter how much it was crushing my heart, I knew that she had done the right thing. 

I stood staring at the building, that horrible building that took her away. I put my hands in my pockets and kept staring.

Suddenly, I felt an object in my pocket that wasn't there before. I carefully took it out and opened up the crumpled sheet of paper.

There, in beautiful but scratchy cursive was written:

The hardest thing I'll ever do is walk away still madly in love with you. 

I smiled but in the back of my throat, a cry wanted to escape. I clutched the paper into my fist and brought it to my heart. 

Her final words to me were short but they said everything I ever needed to hear. 

I loved her, but I needed to let her go. Our story was done and although I couldn't see any purpose left in life, I knew that I couldn't go back and claim her. She was mine for a while, but that time was now over. 

I loved her like crazy. I was so madly and desperately in love with her and it just broke me that I would never see her half-smile, or the dimple in her cheek from laughing, or the mature stare of her eyes ever again. I would never touch her soft hands, or kiss her red cheeks, or run my hands through her long golden curls, and our long and deep conversations would all just be a part of my memory from now on.

I turned around and after taking a deep breath, the note still clasped tightly to my heart, and the memories of her still burning in my mind, I began to walk away. 

~~~

NOTE: Book 2, His Shadow, is now completed, so go and read it if you would like to see what happens next!