5

I had been moping around for an entire week. I had no clue what had gotten into me; I was never this whiny and self-pitying. 

It was very late, around 2 in the morning and here I was, lying full awake in my bed, thinking about my life. 

I took out my laptop. It was time for me to watch a movie. I wanted a feel of the normal girl life and that started with me just watching a random movie for no reason. 

I had how to even start watching a movie. I mean, we didn't own any movies and I didn't even know the accounts people used to watch movies online. 

With a sigh, I closed my laptop and fell back into bed.

It was time for me to sleep since tomorrow would be a busy day at work again. 

It felt like I had closed my eyes for just a single moment when I was being woken up by the loud, annoying alarm clock. I groaned and then, remembering that I am Mrs. Vasilievna and do not get to groan when getting out of bed, I closed my eyes and silently got ready for work.

I put on a pale rose pink top and a long light grey skirt with large white flowers. I put in stud diamond earrings and several rings on my fingers and then grey and silver stilettos. I curled my golden hair and pinned it up with a barrette and then headed down to greet my husband.

 I curled my golden hair and pinned it up with a barrette and then headed down to greet my husband

I expected to see Alexander as soon as I walked down but he was nowhere to be seen. I frowned as I went to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast.

Shortly, he descended down the stairs. I frowned as I saw him; he seemed to be a little off today. He was slightly pale, and he seemed to be sniffling.

"Alexander." I stood up and walked up to him, and felt his face with my palm. 

Indeed, just like I had hypothesized.  A fever.

"Alexander, you can't go into work today. You're sick."

He smacked my hand away from his face, and with a confident, but a very hoarse voice said, "Nonsense. I feel perfectly fine."

I grabbed his arm and dragged him to the table and basically forced him to sit in the chair. "At least let me help you get better. Sit here, I'll make some tea, and call Laureli to let her know we'll be coming in later."

"Maria. You do not need to do that. We will be coming into work on time and stay there as long as we need to. Let's go." He stood up and proceeded to leave the room.

I wanted to argue with him, but I really couldn't. He was my husband and I had to be respectful to him and obey him.

I rushed after him. 

"Okay, Alexander, but let me at least bring you some tea and medicine. I won't take long and we will still make it very early to the office." 

He stopped and turned around and then very slowly went back to the table and sat down silently. I smiled and ran off to get the medicines.