4

Once more, we walked into the office, as if everything was absolutely normal. We didn't talk at all after last night, almost as if the evening ceased to exist.

"Mrs. Vasilievna!" Amy called to me as soon as I was near her.

"You look absolutely love today! That blue is a wonderful color on you."

I was wearing a simple white dress, with black lace in the middle and a blue flower and ribbon tied in the middle of the lace. 

"Thank you, Amy

"Thank you, Amy."

"Also, Mrs. Vasilievna, there's another bouquet in your office. We already took care of the one you received, but there's a new one, and we were not able to find out who it was from."

"Thank you, Amy." I mumbled with a frown and hurried into my office.

I opened the door, and indeed, there was a glass bowl that had beautiful pale purple roses and all types of greens and other various flowers. 

There was also a note that I hesitantly picked up and opened. 

Maria, 

Hope these flowers match the beautiful purple dress you wore.

I shuddered. This was either some creepy stalker or someone was just trying to have some fun. 

I thought about it for a little.

It could also be, theoretically speaking, Alexander. He knew what color my dress was, and he did seem to be acting slightly different and strange the past weeks... 

With a much easier feeling, I sat down at my desk and began to work.

~ ~ ~

I laughed to myself. I never thought about this, why did this thought pop into my mind all of a sudden?

Wow... it had gotten dark outside. 

I turned back to think about this crazy thought... I hadn't watched a movie in years! In fact, I didn't even own any social media accounts to see what was going on in the world. 

I stood up and walked to the windows and looked down at the glimmering lights of the street lights, and the array of colors from the shops, and traffic lights, and cars... this window was like my huge screen. The only true access I had to the world was by looking out the window.

I wanted to see a movie. Because isn't that what normal people do? They go out, or they sit at home and watch movies and binge on TV shows... or however that saying goes. And they are allowed to have lazy days and even weeks. They can stalk their friends on Instagram and FaceBook, or post just random pictures with captions that don't even correlate at all...