The Death of Spider-Man

Tony stood on Titan watching as the Guardians of the Galaxy slowly faded into dust, then he heard a voice that would shatter his heart into millions of pieces. "Mr. Stark I don't feel so good..." Tony turns to see Peter stumbling towards him, he falls into Tony's open arms crying as he held onto Tony fear sinking into both their hearts.

"I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go Mr.Stark, I don't wanna go" cries Peter into Tony's chest, a few tears roll down Tony's cheeks as he watches lowers the kid onto the ground no longer able to hold his weight. Peter looks into Tony's eyes and the realization hit him that he was going to die and that there was nothing that Tony or anyone could do, but all Peter could manage to say was "I'm sorry" before he faded to dust in Tony's hands.

Tony watched helpless as the kid begged for his life, and he, the Invincible Iron-Man couldn't do anything to save him, and it only broke his heart more when the kid's final words were an apology. Tony let out a sob as he cradled what little amount of Peter's ashes were left.

A blue alien woman approached him and sat next to him placing her head on his shoulder and patting him on his back while saying, "He was quite the warrior, I have fought with many creatures across many galaxies, but you and that Spider-Man were by far the most impressive."

Tony didn't answer he just kept staring at the ashes in his palms, but the blue alien woman kept talking and attempting to comfort him, "I know how it feels to lose someone so close, he killed my sister...Gamora." At those words Tony looked up.

"I have heard that name before, Quill said that she was his girlfriend," said Tony with a small sob. The blue alien nodded, "Yes they had a love for one another. At least I can take comfort in her death now knowing that she is with Peter."

Tony looked to her and nodded, she was right, Peter wasn't going to be alone. Peter had his Uncle Ben, his Parents and lord knows how many others who passed that would take care of him in the next life. Tony set down Peter's ashes and stiffens his resolve. He looks to the blue alien.

"Name. I need it." said Tony. She looked slightly shocked at his sudden change in demeanor but responded, "Nebula." Tony pointed at the ship that the Guardians arrived in, "Can you fly it?" She nodded, "Yes I can, got a destination in mind?"

Tony smiled, "Earth."

Nebula nodded and the two headed to the ship, before boarding Tony turned to face the battlefield, "Goodbye Pete, I'm sorry I failed you."

Back on Earth

Ned Leeds was watching Peter's back through the Laptop that Peter had hooked up to Karen for him, whenever Peter got the Iron-Spider suit Karen notified Ned and linked the feeds from the new suit to the laptop. He sat staring at the the screen which was no blank tears rolling down his face, he looked out his bedroom window and saw ash all over the streets, he knew that this was because of Thanos, luckily him and his mother survived. When he knew Peter was going to die he called for her and she watched too with tears in her eyes as well as Peter begged for his life and then the feed went dead. She hugged Ned tightly and the two wept over the loss of the world and of Peter Parker.

Meanwhile...

Michelle stood in her Living Room with her mom staring at the television watching the News reports come in of all the people that had turned to ash, according to the reporter, Eddie Brock, almost half the population of Earth had disappeared from existence. She hugged her mom knowing that they were safe was good enough for her, then a sickening thought occurred to her, what about her two best friends! Was Peter safe? Was Ned? She had to find out.

"Mom, I need to call Ned and Peter!" gasped Michelle to her mother. Her mother looked at her and then nodded. Michelle lifted out her phone from her rear jeans pocket and dialed Peter's number, after a few moments she received nothing but voicemail, she tried a few times, each time her fear growing more and more apparent, then she decided that there was only one boy left to call.

She dialed Ned's phone number, it rang and then surprisingly he answered.

"Hello Ned oh thank God your alive! Where is Peter is he safe is he with you?"

Michelle could here labored breathing, which sounded an awful lot like crying. Fear began to build again as Ned didn't answer her question.

"Michelle...MJ...Peter...He's gone..." 

 Michelle dropped her phone at those words, she couldn't believe it. Tears began to fall down her face and she ran to her mother hugging her as tight as she could. Her mother looks down on her with surprise and worry.

"Michelle, honey what's wrong?" she asked. Michelle continued to sob into her mother's shoulder and after a few minutes she managed to stop long enough to say, "Peter died mom" before her renewed sobs took hold and she grabbed onto her mother for support. When she said those words the resonated in her mother's head "Peter died mom."  Tears began to roll down her cheeks as they both cried for the boy who was murdered by Thanos.

Meanwhile in Wakanda

Everyone stood still, not wanting to stand on a single ash out of respect for those who had fallen to the hands of Thanos and the Infinity Stones. Steve Rodgers stood in the lab where they attempted to remove the Mind Stone from the Vision's head. He stared out the window in deep thought. He heard a sob behind him and he looked over his shoulder to see Shuri sitting on a seat in the corner of the room holding one of the Black Panther helmets and what seemed to be a weird looking bracelet thing in her hands. She looked up as she realized that Captain America was standing in the room.

"I am sorry Captain for disturbing you," she sobbed. This made Steve feel sorry for the young girl. "I should be the one apologizing to you ma'am," he responded, "This is your home, therefore you shouldn't apologize for being in any room."

He made to leave when he turned to ask her something, "What's that thing in your hand?" pointing at the weird looking bracelet. She sniffed, "It belonged to my friend from New York. Spider-Man." Steve realized at once who she was talking about, the kid they fought in Germany. He remembered him immediately.

He threw his shield at the loading bay supports and they dropped the whole loading bay on top of the Spider-Man. He however caught the whole thing in his hands and held it above his head. Steve stood for a split second impressed by the kid in the mask.

"You got heart kid, where you from?" he asked wanting to know more about the amazing kid that stood in front of him, he wasn't sure what to expect from him.

"Queens" replied the Spider-Man. Steve laughed, thinking about the location before he answered, "Brooklyn"

Steve snapped out of his day dream when he heard Shuri shout out, "Captain look!" He turned to see her pointing out the lab window, and plain to see there was a ship coming closer and closer to Wakanda. To the city.

Steve ran outside shouting for everyone to mount their defenses and to be ready for anything, they all stood in a defensive line up as the ship landed, that's when the little raccoon guy spoke up, "Hey that's my ship!" Everyone looked at him and back to the ship. The bay doors opened and Steve was surprised by what he saw, Tony Stark hobbling out of the ship being supported by a blue alien. Steve walked forward and all the troubles that they had in the past was forgotten as the two men hugged. Steve pulled away from Tony and he noticed the wound in his abdomen. He points to it.

"Tony as good as it is to see you we need to get you to the med bay," he said with authority. He looked to two Wakandan soldiers who nodded and took Tony by the arms to the Med Bay.