Scars Don't Heal

Peter sat in home room with his head laying in his folded arms upon the table, everyone was talking very loudly about random stuff. Ned was next to him bus he wasn't paying attention to his best friend and was attempting to catch the eye of Betty Brant. Peter couldn't help but close his eyes and he slowly fell asleep.

Peter stood on Titan watching the Guardians of the Galaxy slowly fade away, he felt a sharp pain shooting through his body, attacking his nerves, he knew what was coming but he wasn't ready.

Peter cried out to his hero, to Iron Man,  begging to be saved only to realise that he was not going to survive, the pain was too much. And then he was gone.

Peter woke up sweating, thankfully no body noticed what happened, well no body except Michelle, who was watching him. This grew her concern as she saw the look of pure fear and panic on Peter's face.

The bell rang and everyone marched off to their first classes of the day, many of them grumbling because it was P.E while others complained about Calculus.

Michelle had P.E first period along with Peter and Ned. She followed the two friends to the  gymnasium in silence, watching Peter closely to make sure he was okay. She chuckled a little listening to their conversation. Ned was discussing his plans for asking Betty Brant out to which Peter would either nod or shake his head.

When they arrived at the gymnasium they went their separate ways, Michelle heading to the girls changing rooms while Peter and Ned went to the boys changing rooms.

Peter sat on the bench lacing up his sneakers as Flash called out to him, "Yo Penis Parker!" to which Peter ignored. When they were changed they all marched out to the gymnasium to their coach. They all sat on the bleachers waiting for role call. Once the roll was taken the coach addressed the class.

"Okay, so today we are gonna do an obstacle course. You will all take it in turns to see who can get the quickest time. You will have to go through the tyres, climb the rock wall, sprint to the ropes while dodging the dodge balls being thrown by your class mates, then you will climb the rope and ring the bell. Understood?"

Everyone nodded, Flash took this opportunity to annoy Peter even further by shouting, "Bet fatso Leeds gets stuck in the tyres, what do you think Penis Parker!?"

That was the last straw for Peter, he stood up shaking with anger, everyone watching in bated breath as Peter walked up to Flash and yelled in his face, "SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT MY FRIENDS FLASH!!! NED MAY NOT BE ABLE TO BEAT YOU IN THIS BUT I KNOW THAT I CAN!"

Flash sneered, "Fine then Parker, let's see if you can beat me. COACH!"

The coach turned from his clip board to look at Flash.

"PARKER CHALLENGED ME, I WANT IT TO BE A TIME RACE BETWEEN ME AND HIM," yelled Flash.

The coach nodded, "Fine, Flash you're up."

Ned smiled as Flash stepped up, he leaned into Michelle and whispered, "Flash is so screwed." Michelle looked confused for a second then shrugged. The two looked to Peter, his face was set with determination.

Flash ran through the tyres stumbling a fee times and nearly tripping at the last one. He came to the wall and climbed halfway up and stopped for a moment for breath, he continued, when he got to the top he sat for a second wiping sweat and hung himself over the side and made his climb down, he ran to the ropes being pelted with dodge ball after dodge ball, then he staggered up the ropes and rang the bell before climbing down carefully.

The coach approached him, "4 minutes 27 seconds Flash."

He then held a thumps up for Peter to go, Peter was off like a shot, he danced through the tyres scaled the wall and he didn't climb down buy just jumped down landing perfectly, he ran through the dodge balls without a single one touching him, before he got to the ropes Flash threw a surprise dodge ball, Peter did a back flip kicking the ball into the air Then punching it aside when it came back down. He scaled the ropes on seconds and rang the bell before jumping down and landing perfectly on the mats. The class cheered for Peter and the coach looked stunned.

He approached Peter, "Well done Parker, that took you 1 minute 14 seconds! A new school record!"

Peter simply shrugged l. This annoyed Flash more making him leap at Peter punching him in the face. Peter fell and Flash ripped his shirt as he beat the crap out of Peter. The coach grabbed Flash and pulled him off Peter.

Peter stood up shakily his shirt ripped, then he heard a shout, "PARKER IS BUFF!" He looked to see Betty Brant pointing at him, he looked down to see his front torso exposed due to Flash ripping his shirt, Peter grabbed his remains of the shirt and ran to the locker rooms to change.

Everyone glared at Flash as the coach marched him to the principal, Michelle felt bad for Peter, she turned to speak to Ned only to find him looking to be in a sour mood. This was a surprise to Michelle, he usually would've bounced after Peter to make sure he was okay.

"What's bothering you?" she asked with genuine concern.

"My chances of getting with Betty just went right down, she thinks Peter is hot, I stand no chance," he replied through gritted teeth.

Michelle looked at Ned curiously, she had no idea that asking Betty Brant out meant this much to him. She looked over to the blonde girl to see her in her clique talking about what just happened with Flash and Peter. That's when Michelle nudged Ned in the side, Betty started heading TV their way.

"Your up loser," she muttered under her breath. Ned looked up and his face turned bright red.

Betty smiled at the two, "Hey guys, do you mind if I talk the Ned in private Michelle?"

Ned looked to Michelle in surprise. She simply nodded and shrugged before walking away from the two leaving them to their business.

After P.E was finished Michelle left to find Peter. Ned was still talking to Betty and she didn't want to disturb the two in whatever they were talking about.

When she arrived at the cafeteria she looked around and spotted a very familiar boy sitting at a table with a few girls from P.E surrounding him, flirting like crazy, Michelle didn't know why but this infuriated her. Plus didn't they realise howmuch the were making Peter uncomfortable.

She walked over to the table and slammed her tray down gaining all their attention. Michelle simply sneered at them, "Get lost bimbos!"

They looked offended, but growled and walked away. Peter looked at Michelle looking relieved.

"Thanks MJ, that was so weird and annoying," said Peter gratefully.

"No problem loser," she shrugged. The two sat in silence. Then they look up to see Ned and Betty walking towards them...holding hands!

"Hey buddy," chuckled Ned.

"Hey man," said Peter in response. He stood up and gave his friend a hug before yelping and stepping back gasping in pain.

"Oh my god Peter," yelled MJ and Betty in unison. They look to each other and grin at the statement.

"I'm fine, just sore," he said sitting down holding his ribs, that must've been where Flash kicked him.

Peter obviously attempting to change the topic,"So...you two huh?" he said gesturing between Ned and Betty. Betty smiled and nozzles her head into the crook of Ned's neck.

"Yeah, I heard him telling you in the corridor that he liked me, and I was totally freaking out cause I liked him too, and when I heard him I thought that I had to speak to him, then Flash hurt young I was like really concerned about you, then after that concern kinda faded I saw Ned and I kinda told him how I feel," said Betty as she looked at Ned lovingly.

Peter smiled, he was happy that Ned got the girl, it made him happy to see Ned happy. Plus Betty was going to be the newest member of their group. This was going to be great.