Internship with Dad

Peter woke up on the couch in his living room, he blinked a few times before he even realised where he was. He threw the blanket that he was wrapped up in off and stood up stretching his muscles. He was alone.

He wandered into the kitchen to find a note on the counter.

Hey Pete,
Pepper and I had to run to the office, we didn't want to wake you. There is breakfast waiting for you in the microwave and Happy is going to take care of you while we are gone.

Love,

Tony

Peter sighed and put the note down on the counter and took his breakfast from the microwave and began eating his fry.

After an hour Happy appeared at the front door. Peter opened it and Happy ruffled his hair. Happy was wearing a hoodie and sweat pants like the night before.

"Hey Peter," smiled the man.

"Hey Happy," smiled Peter in return.

The two entered the living room. Peter sat on the couch and lifted a physics text book and began reading. He heard a chuckle and looked up. Happy was chuckling while looking at Peter.

"What?" asked Peter who was perplexed by Happy's chuckles.

"You remind me alot of Tony," he laughed.

"Oh, okay," was all Peter managed to say before returning to his book. That is how the two sat for hours. Peter tree r reading while Happy watched TV. The front door opened and Pepper entered. She walked into the living room. Peter was still reading his text book.

She smiled as she watched him read, he was like a miniature version of Tony and that made him feel more like a son to her.

"Hey guys," she said softly. Happy jumped not hearing her enter. Peter who was still absorbed in his book waved not even taking his eyes off of the words in front of him.

"Wow he is in the zone," whispered Pepper to Happy.

He simply nodded, "Yeah he has been like that all day. He really loves science."

She smiled at the thought of him being a scientist. The front door opened again and Tony walked in. He noticed Happy and Pepper standing in the door way to the Living Room.

"Hey everyone," he said happily. Pepper kissed his cheek while Happy nodded. Peter only waved his hand not taking his eyes off of the page he was reading.

Tony looked confused, he then looked to Pepper who shrugged and said, "In the zone."

Tony nodded understanding what it was like to be "In the zone" and not be interested in the world around him. He walked over and read the title of the book.

Advanced Quantum Mechanics and Theories by Steven Hawking.

Tony was impressed he knew Peter was smart, now he wanted to test it.
He quickly snatched the book from Peter's grasp.

Peter bounced up, "Hey I was reading that!"

Tony smiled, "I know but I wanted your attention."

Peter nodded.

"How would you like to come to work with me tomorrow?" he asked hopefully.

Peter smiled with absolute joy, "Yes Tony that'd be awesome!" he yelled in excitement doing a backflip to show his excitement. Tony, Pepper and Happy burst out laughing and so did Peter.

The next day...

Peter woke bright and early the next day, he was super excited and he couldn't really contain his excitement. He was in the kitchen eating his cereal when Tony walked in fully dressed in a suit and tie. Not long after Pepper walked in wearing a white dress and matching heels. She kissed Peter on the head and said good morning before turning to a pot of coffee and helping herself.