Peter Stark Recognised

The next day at school a special assembly was held to address the events that had transpired the day beforehand. Everyone gathered without hesitation wanting to heat if there was any news on their school mate.

Michelle watched feeling slightly depressed as the principal stepped up to the podium in the assembly hall. He coughed and any sound that was echoing around the hall stopped.

"Everyone, I would like to address the heroic actions taken by one of our own students...Peter Stark," he paused to allow this to sink into all the students, "Peter saved two students from being shot by one other. He took the bullet and still found the strength to fight back and save our very own Michelle Jones...he protected those students and placed his life on the line."

Some of the students began tearing up at this, it almost sounded like a eulogy, morbid thoughts began to sink in and some began shamelessly sobbing over Peter, thinking he passed away.

"I am glad however to state that Peter has underwent some surgery and is going to make a full recovery," said the principal happily.
At these word evryone began cheering after being quickly stiffled by the principal holding up his hand for silence. Everyone fell silent.

"He will return in a few weeks and when he does I expect everyone to treat him with respect and to not bully him in anyway...dismissed!"

Evryone rushed out of the hall smiles plastered on their faces. They had all had a plan and they were looking forward to carrying it out.

Meanwhile...

Tony and Pepper sat beside Peter's hospital bed in Avengers Tower. They had heard about Peter being shot and rushed to the Tower to meet Vision. Before they had arrived Bruce Banner had taken Peter in for emergency surgery.

Tony argued with Vision and Happy attempting to go into the operating theatre to see his son. Well he actually punched Happy knocking him to the floor and punched Vision but he simply passed through him.

Eventually Pepper had calmed down Tony and he simply sat in his chair crying into Pepper's shoulder.

Wanda was a bigger mess, she blamed herself for not staying with Peter in school. Tears poured down her cheeks as time passed on. After an hour the doors to the surgery opened and Bruce walked out with blood staining his lab coat. He looked exhausted but he wore a smile.

"He's gonna make it everyone!" he called out.

Tony was pulled back out of his thought when Peter began to stir next to him. He and Pepper shot back up like he was filled with caffeine. Their focus fell upon Peter and they held their breaths.

Peter's body felt like lead. He attempted to move but his limbs felt extremely heavy. He slowly opened his eyes and he could see his parents looking over him in worry. He noticed how tired they both looked.

"You guys okay?" he murmured to them groggily.

"Us! What about you Pete!?" gasped Pepper in response. Tony shook his head in disbelief.

"I'll be fine, is everyone else okay?" he asked with concern showing clearly in his voice.

Tony smiled, "Yeah they're all fine thanks to you Pete, you saved quite a few lives."

Peter shrugged, "Yeah I guess."

Peter reached out and pulled both his parents into a hug. They were surprised by his very sudden movement. They looked to each other and hugged Peter back. They held onto him and they were relieved that he was okay.

After a few moments they let go and they smiled. Peter couldn't help but smile back.

"There's someone who really wants to see you buddy," said Tony softly. Pepper walked to the door and opened it she gestured for somebody to come inside.