Field Trip Denied

After another week of being off from school Peter was actually itching to get back. He spent most if his week working in the Tower, everyone was raving about him telling him that he was an absolute genius. Many interns would come to his office and ask for him to look over equations or codes. Peter was actually heading several projects himself including the development of a brand new range of Stark Phones and Stark Books. He had a prototype of the Stark Book actually built and was showing it off to his Tony at the breakfast table before school.

Tony sat examining the notebook computer that Peter had given him to assess, Pepper wasn't there as she was in Paris for a Stark Industries event.

"I'm impressed Peter this looks amazing and it handles like a dream. After a few tweaks I think we should get it ready for manufacturing," said Tony with a proud smile.

"Wow thanks Dad," said Peter with a smile. Peter paused realising what he said.

Tony looked at him, "I have been waiting for you to call me that for a long time son!"

Peter hugged him. After a few moments the broke apart Peter had tears in his eyes, but they were tears of joy not sadness. Tony had the exact same tears in his eyes.

"I've never had an actual Dad...I love you." He pulled Tony I to another hug. Tony said softly, "I love you too son."

Tony drove Peter to school in his Lambourghini Aventador as soon as it pulled up to the school evryone that was outside stared at it with wonder.

Peter stepped out and waved at Tony before heading into the school. Everyone's eyes followed him they were all whispering and pointing at him. He just ignored them.

Once Peter made it to his locker a hand was placed on his shoulder,  he spun around to see Michelle, Ned and Betty standing behind him.

"Hi," he said shyly. The others noticed and he wad immediately enveloped into a group hug. After a few moments Peter pulled away. The thought hit him like a tone of bricks, the last time he was in school his Aunt May had been alive. Now she was gone. The thoughts brought tears back to his eyes.

Michelle noticed this and pulled him in for another hug, she simply muttered to him words of comfort and reassurance.

The grief wad beginning to get to him, he hugged back and sobbed quietly, "It's just hard knowing that she is gone."

Michelle just held onto him, everyone stood watching their hearts breaking over the grieving boy that stood before them.

Ned noticed everyone watching and he just called out to everyone, "Can everyone please continue on he doesn't need an audience!"

People nodded and walked away feeling sorry for Peter, but they were still curious about the car. Which no doubts would be brought up later.

Betty placed her arm around Ned's waist and side hugged him, "You're a good friend boo."

Ned simply squeezed her closer to him. They watched as Peter was comforted by Michelle. Eventually the two pulled away and Peter wiped his eyes. He gave them a small smile.

"Thanks guys, you're good friends," he said with a watery smile.

They all made their way to class. When they arrived everyone went silent. Some started murmuring words of condolences to Peter to which he simply nodded not wanting to speak or even cry in front of his class.

When they sat down the class began. Peter wasn't paying attention during the class. He simply doodled equations in his book instead of doing his literature work. Eventually the teacher noticed.