Teddy Bear [JAMILTON]

i'll do a part two for guardian angel-

i like us history. not because of hamilton or because i love the us, history in itself is just interesting to me. us history is cooler because i live in los angeles, california. 

but you know what hamilton did to me? I SHIP HISTORICAL PEOPLE NOW. i was reading about bob woodward (nixon thing, bob revealed nixon's plan to betray the constitution blah blah 1931 i dunno) and i just started shipping him w/ mark felt and i hate myself

~~~

I walk into the store, examining all the objects. Nothing is on sale today, it's all high and full prices that were designed to make you go cheap. It's a week before Valentine's Day, I should just wait until after when everything is cheap.

Alex would probably break up with me if I did that.

I run my hands along all the store products, observing the quality of the cards and chocolates. I don't realize I'm in the teddy bear section until I'm actually there.

It's a rack full of teddy bears, all ranging in different sizes, colors, and high prices.

On the floor next to the rack is a large bear, sitting down around as tall as me. And that's saying something when you remember I'm over six feet tall. I smile at the bear, which is kind of creeping me out now.

I feel intimidated.

I look through the smaller bears, gasping at nearly every price. I look towards the large bear and look for his price. I find that he doesn't have a price tag on him, but he does have a barcode.

I drag him to the cashier.

"Yes?" The cashier asks. He looks up from his phone.

"Does this have a price?" I hand him the teddy bear, smiling. The cashier takes the teddy bear and scans the barcode, turning back to me.

"Sixty. But he's on sale for fifty percent off. Poor guy has been here for five years."

I suddenly feel really bad.

"I'll take him."

"Good choice, she'll love it."

I consider correcting him and saying I'm giving it to my boyfriend, but I'd rather not. This cashier mildly annoys me, he doesn't need to know my entire life story while I buy a bear the size of me for my significant other.

I finish paying for the bear and lug it to my car, pushing the bear into the backseat.

When I arrive back at the house, I realize Alex will notice the bear. I mean, even I noticed the bear when I hid it behind our couch. 

I call Peggy and the next thing I know, I'm at her house, placing the bear down in her spare guest bedroom.

"Thanks." I say to her as I leave.

"Uh-huh. I'm sure Eliza won't mind having to sleep with a teddy bear the size of an elephant in her room when she comes by in two days." Peggy nods, smiling as if it makes her happy that Eliza will be scared.

"Yup. She surely will."

We wave goodbye and Peggy closes the door.

Now all I have to do is wait until Valentine's Day.

~~~

"Wake up, you small turtle." Alex mumbles to me, pushing me around our bed until I can't take it anymore.

"I'm not small. You're small."

He giggles childishly, taking my hand and helping me up. I rub my eyes with my hands, getting used to the sunlight spilling in thorough our window. Alex smiles warmly at me, kissing my cheek.

"I have a gift for you." He says.

"I have a gift for you." I reply back.

"I'll be right back."

We both get up, except I notice Alex doesn't leave the apartment. I get dressed in casual chilling clothes before leaving, taking only my phone with me. Alex watches me leave curiously from his place in the kitchen.

I knock on Peggy's door.

She doesn't answer for a while, so I pull out my phone.

Six AM.

Of course Alex woke me up early, he loves waking up early. I knew he would be excited for Valentine's Day, but really? Peggy doesn't even get up until dinner, which is nine at night for her. 

I sigh.

I knock again, waiting a few more minutes.

And to my surprise, the door creaks up.

Eliza.

"Thank you!" I whisper-yell, running into the guest bedroom. Eliza turned the bear around so it wasn't facing her as she slept, but that's fine with me. I grab the teddy bear, taking it out of the apartment and down the hall.

I knock on our apartment door.

Alex opens it a few moments later.

His reaction is exactly what I wanted and more.

Alex's eyes light up and he tackles me. I fall on the floor, nothing to cushion my fall. Alex, on the other hand, has a huge teddy bear to cushion his fall. I laugh when I realize he can't even wrap his body around the bear. That's how small he is.

"Told you that you were the small one." I say to Alex, laughing a bit.

He slaps me in the face, getting up and cuddling with the bear in the middle of the hallway. I poke him gently, reminding him we should probably get back inside our own apartment.

He crawls in, the bear being dragged behind him.

When we're all inside and the door is closed, he stands on his tippy-toes and kisses me.

"I love you."