Ch 13: Plan B

I make my way down the street purposefully until I round a corner. Then I use my powers to shunt myself forward in time so I can put more distance between myself and the shelter. I almost ran into one of Coil's mercenaries there.

I am forced to slow down though when my power shows me a threat up ahead. I decide to slide on my mask just before I walk around the corner. I stop as soon as I do. What I see before is by far a funnier scene than most of my visions.

About halfway down the block is a group of maybe 10-20 people, probably Merchants, surrounded by three individuals. The large group is hemmed in by forcefields, forcing them to stay still or impale themselves on the 2-dimensional planes of solid energy.

On one side stands a female figure in purple and other dark colors holding a big gun. The second individual is in dark blues and greys and a gas mask. He looks unbothered by the large crowd of people before him.

My power shows me a few scenarios which tell me that he is probably the forcefield generator. The last individual is another man in green and black and holding a pair of guns. I'm not sure what kind.

I don't know anything about guns so I have no idea what kind of guns anyone is using. I stand back and watch for a bit, waiting to see which version plays out. "ALRIGHT!" bellows the blue and gray forcefield maker.

"Clearly, our earlier lessons did nothing to teach you that THIS IS OUR TERRITORY! At this point ya'll've tried to elbow your ways in here five times since we kicked you out. Further attempts will almost certainly get messy. This is your last opportunity to back the hell off."

At this, the three began to converge on the mostly trapped individuals funneling them out and away from their neighborhood....Towards me...I sigh as I realize that I will have to deal with them.

They see me and draw their weapons, preparing to fight me. "CRAP! PLAN B, PLAN B!" yells the man in green and black. "WE DON'T HAVE A PLAN B!" yells the girl in purple with the gun. "WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH PLAN A?!" yells the man in blue.

This would be comical, if not for the small army coming at me. I wait for the closest one to swing his bat at me. Just as he does, I 'grab' one of his friends with my powers and fast-forward him so he gets between me and his friend, taking the hit for me.

The next one to swing at me but I 'catch' his arm with my power, sending it backwards as I fast-forward his friend into the swing. I continue with this pattern until I get a flash of the girl firing her gun, unleashing a stream of lightning on the group.

My vision is already spotted since I'm still in migraine-land, as I've decided to call it, so I decide not to try my luck with that gun. I shunt myself backwards, then forwards up the fire escape to the roof of the building.

From there, I use my powers to freeze the group, or at least most of them, in place so the gun hits more of them. I manage to time it just before the girl raises her gun and fires. "HELL YEAH BITCHES!" The girl screams.

Both of the girl's teammates yell "FULGUR! WHAT THE HELL?!" There's an eerie silence as the thunder from the gun's discharge fades away, leaving only the faint sounds of its victims groans in its wake.

Suddenly, the man in green hollers "CRAP! WHERE'S THE GIRL IN THE MASK?!" I don't bother to wait for him to explain to his friends. I don't know who they are, nor who they work for. I do know that Coil is looking for me and that I'm not willing to risk them working for him.

With this in mind...I run....and I hate myself for it. Stupid migraine-land. I find that my visions are getting harder and harder to focus as I go. Is my migraine really that bad? Or...is it something else? Regardless, I continue to run.