Ch 8: Demons Among Men

Kaiser continues to stare at me, unmoving and without comment. I sigh/growl/huff as I turn away "Believe me or not, you'll just doom everyone if you don't. You consider yourself an intelligent and strategic individual, so act like one."

Kaiser growls out something along the lines of a 'fine' and calls out to set our watches to 4:40 in sync. We are to attack in 5 minutes. So, Bitch makes one of her dogs, I think the Rotty, grow even larger, spraying out blood and muscle as he does.

It makes most of the group flinch, save for myself, Skitter, Bitch, and Labyrinth. Bitch hops on and gives him a light kick, signalling him to move. I give Newter and Labyrinth a signal to follow as I follow behind Skitter and Bitch.

As we walk, I can hear Skitter talking to the girl from the Travelers. Apparently she's called Sundancer. I glance at the kid from that small group and I slow my pace so he catches up "So, what do they call you kid?"

He shrugs a bit "Vigilant. You?" "Anubis." His costume is very green, with a green coat, helmet, gloves, scarf/bandana, and pants. His boots and kneepads are dark, and he's wearing a bulletproof vest.

"What's your group kid?" Vigilant shrugs "Don't really have a name. We were only invited because we hold territory." I nod, but my focus is on Kaiser. He is most definitely planning to screw us all.

I should probably take charge while I still can. Despite the change in group, from what I can tell, I am still the oldest and tallest person here. I could easily claim command as the most experienced combatant.

And yet, I feel as though I will not need to. I teleport ahead of the group when I spot movement through my visor. Once at the head of the group, I see an ABB patrol coming our way. I teleport onto one of Bitch's dogs and tell her of the patrol.

Kaiser hears the warning and hides as well. Thankfully, Newter spots the patrol in time to pull Skitter and Sundancer behind a car with Labyrinth just in time. I teleport next to them. It is a really good thing that, when I teleport, there's no flash of light or any sounds.

It takes me a moment to spot Vigilant hiding behind another car. Once the patrol passes, we all speak up. I check my watch. 2 minutes. Kaiser decides to attack from the far side with Fenja and Menja.

Skitter tries to argue but the cocky bastard just goes with only a snarky "I didn't ask your permission." as he leaves. Skitter huffs "Are we going to stop them?" Bitch offers to catch up with them as she comes over with her dogs.

Newter, smartly, points out how dangerous it is to fight in enemy territory and our lack of time and Skitter asks Bitch to catch up their teammates on the situation. We gather in a huddle and Newter prompts Skitter to tell us about the ABB and Bakuda.

I am perfectly content to let Newter take the lead. I keep a lookout, my back to the group while they plan. Besides, it's good practice for Newter. He seems to have a knack for it. According to Skitter, Bakuda likes to set traps.

At least Skitter offers to check for traps with her bugs. That's right. Skitter is a Master cape with very fine control over bugs. Newter decides to take the second floor while Bitch takes the ground floor with her dogs.

According to Sundancer, she's artillery but she's not sure she can use her power without hurting a lot of people. So, she's got a heart. Good for her. Newter decides to have her and Skitter protect Labyrinth.

He turns to Vigilant "Name and what can you do?" "Vigilant. I can do a few things but I suppose the best description is combat Thinker. A bit of precog, enhanced reflexes, etc." Newter nods. Coil's mercenaries were setting themselves up on the roof nearby.